username, and phpbb3 questions

17 years 9 months ago #17544 by jgarvas
username, and phpbb3 questions was created by jgarvas
First:

One of my biggest problems is people writing me who forgot what their forum "name" was and what their password is. Before they can get phpBB to send them a new password I have to help them find their account name!

How hard would it be to make people start logging in with their email address and password as opposed to their phpBB username? They'd still get to post with their "username" in the forums, but this way everytime they login its their email address, and if they forgot their password, they just put in their email address and it emails them a reminder. Thoughts?

Second:

phpBB3 will sooner or later become stable. Have you looked at the changes in phpBB3 yet to see how hard it'll be for the connector to work with phpBB3?

Finally: This is awesome. I hate the fact that I am going to have to move my forums from their own unique domain under the domain I use for my joomla site, but this is now worth it. One of the benefits of this is going to be getting rid of "robots" that register fake accounts.

Great mod guys. I hope you keep up with it and/or get the Joomla folks to consider integrating this functionality into Joomla itself. It just makes sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17627 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:username, and phpbb3 questions
Easy questions this time...

First answer... can't make the e-mail address the username at this time... I believe that it is a Joomla limitation at the moment.

Second Answer: Have not looked at the newer phpBB3... Had asked them for a few feature requests but was left confused about how to ask for them... since all versions under devlopment are feature locked and they have nowhere to put requests for future versions...

Glad you like the plugin...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn