IS it possible to add old cb users to a new phpbb?

17 years 9 months ago #18104 by prague2
i have a small cb community and setting up a phpBB forum..the connector works great if i add new cb profiles, cause they're appearing as new registere phpBB users too, but hwo can i do for my old members? is there a way to synchronize them on the new forum? thanx for the help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #18105 by geeffland
Assuming you are using v 1.0.2 you can just use the Plugin Control Panel from "Plugin Management" screen of the phpbb Connector...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #18109 by prague2
hi and thanx for your reply...i was wondering about that link in the plugin management section, but if i click on it..the only thing that happens is a pop up window whit the whole joomla administration backend login page...it simply asks me to login again and logs me out from my session...:ohmy:

17 years 9 months ago #18110 by prague2
btw i'm using a mac and i tried to access that link with safari, firefox and flock...nothing happens though :(

17 years 8 months ago #18141 by geeffland
try logging in to that screen with your admin password... close the window and re-click on the control panel link...

Joomla changed the admin login code without me noticing... I have tweaked the v2.0.0 code to now sync up with J 1.0.10 and phpbb 2.0.21 (but still in early alpha release)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 8 months ago #18172 by prague2
Hi Greg and thanx for your help. Unfortunately i tried the way u suggested but nothing happens. The new login window pops up, i re-login with my admin credentials and this is what happens:
while i log in into the new window, the other window where i clicked on plugin control panel goes automatically back to the main CB plugin window. I do the login in the new pop up window, close it and when i try again to access the phpbb connector it reload in the main window the login panel of joomla...
instead if i try to access the plugin from the popup window it only gives me a 'phpbb connector plugin succesfully installed' message appearing on the general cb plugin page...but nothing happens with the users, no synchro i mean..i'm just stuck :/ (i'm sorry about my english..italy here )

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn