Cannot get PHPBB to auto install, help?

17 years 8 months ago #19118 by radio
Ok my host has all the scripts ready to setup via Fantastico, that installs everything no problems. But inorder to get phpbb to use the same DB as joomla I tried to install it manualy, I followed the instructions from this forum, I uploaded all the phpbb files with the directory structure intact. Then you have to point your web browser at the directory you put phpbb in and it will start automatically right? This is where im haveing problems, How do i point my web browser at the directory ? if i put in mysite.com/public_html all that comes up is my joomla front page or an error page is missing, I can acess it via FTP through my web browser but when i click on index.php in the phpbb folder nothing happens.

What am i doing wrong here?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19122 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Cannot get PHPBB to auto install, help?
ok got it installed with a little help from my hosts support.

They suggested i install the forum in a sub domain like this

forum.websitename.com

I have'nt done this but if i did would the phpbb connector still work?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 8 months ago #19124 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Cannot get PHPBB to auto install, help?
I would recommend to not put it in a subdomain. Mainly because the connector includes some of the phpBB files and this can be tricker if it is installed in a subdomain because of the file locations. It is recommended to install it in a subdirectory of your main site and within the same DB as Joomla.

(ps probably don't need to show the public_html part in the directory... assume that is what your host indicated as well)

Good luck and enjoy the connector,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn