Do I need to dissable Login also ???

17 years 8 months ago #19673 by scabby
Do I need to dissable Login also ??? was created by scabby
Do I need to dissable the login also ???

I have the forums up and running and I have dissabled the registration from the phpBB forum page to stop the creation of members from the forum.

But I have found that when I log in from the CB login form it logs me into the forums as needed. But I can log out from the forum and log in as someone else!

Surely this will cause some confusion or problems inside the Database perhaps!

I sort of imagined the CB login form would be handling evrything to do with members login and logout,.

Should I be concerned here or not!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19715 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Do I need to dissable Login also ???
I would not be concerned. When you log into CB the phpbb Connector plugin goes thru the steps to log you into phpbb as well. They still act as 2 seperate programs. So if you only want your users to log in or out with Joomla/CB then I would hide the login and logout links on the forum. But this is not essential. Same goes for registration and profile links. They can be maintained seperately if desired. The only catch here is that once linked in the connector... any changes to the username, e-mail, or password (sometimes avatar) will update both phpBB and CB. In the newer alpha version you have the ability to disable parts of the plugin... not that this is what you are looking for...

Short answer... for me... I would probably hide the login and logout... but it is not critical and nothing will get messed up if they logout of phpbb and in (to phpbb) as someone else while being logged into CB... nothing to get messed up.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn