limiting forum posts

17 years 8 months ago #20071 by Tresan
limiting forum posts was created by Tresan
Oi,

I had to change the connector a bit as i have 2 DBs instead of one.

Also i didnt want the connector to link posts from admin forums etc.

So on line 557 in phpconnector.php i changed:

[code:1] . "\n WHERE a.topic_poster=".$phpbbuser.""
. "\n ORDER BY a.topic_time DESC LIMIT 0, 40"[/code:1]

To:

[code:1] . "\n WHERE a.topic_poster=".$phpbbuser.""
. "\n AND a.forum_id IN (1,3,10,19,15,11,22,23,12,28,29,16,4,2)"
. "\n ORDER BY a.topic_time DESC LIMIT 0, 40"[/code:1]

The numbers are the forums you wish to allow to link to from the forum tab in CB.

Ohh and on a sidenote - I am having a bit of annoyance with the avatars - since the CB avatars overwrite the forum avatars (incl. size) its very messy.

Also when people change thier password in the forum they run out of sync with the CB - And cant be synced back in without manually changing both thier pwd's in both CB and phpBB to the exact same.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #20073 by Tresan
Replied by Tresan on topic Re:limiting forum posts
Ohh ps. i sure could use some ban options too.

17 years 8 months ago #20091 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:limiting forum posts
On the forum limiting... I just added into V2.0.0 alpha 2 (not released) code last week some code that checks the viewing users permissions before listing posts. If the viewer is the owner or is a phpBB admin then it will show all posts from the user.

This should work for all types of forums, public, private, hidden, moderator, and admin... ( I was looking for that IN code though... currently it does a bunch of OR logic which I feel is slower than it should be) Thanks for that I will change it up and check again...

The avatar sync is one of the features that is holding me up on releasing alpha 2 to the test group... I am adding features that allow the user (assuming admin allows) to manually sync their avatar either to or from CB and phpbb (including resizing if needed). CB has the option of admin approval for avatar... phpbb does not appear to have that... I would like the phpbb profile in the connector to allow uploading avatar to phpbb but I start to get into a gray area... someone could upload to phpbb then sync back to CB therby avoiding the avatar approval... I am thinking I will on a sync to CB set the avatar to blocked so it will need to be approved again (if set in CB that way)...

What kind of ban options are you needing? Feel free to post here or go to CBconnector.com and register an issue on our tracker... Register if you wish... you may need to register to add items to the tracker...

Am I reading correctly that you mod'd the connector to allow phpbb and CB to be in seperate databases? I am planning on working on that once V2.0.0 is released final... should not be too hard for the most part... the only thing I have not conceptually figured out is how to do the sync comparision (control panel) to know which are sycd and matched, etc. without a lot of manual processing of data from the 2 DBs... What does you MOD do currently?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 7 months ago #20126 by Tresan
Replied by Tresan on topic Re:limiting forum posts
I replaced all the $phpBBtableprefix with the phpBBs db.tabel.

So its just a manual change - However if you add the $phpBBtableprefix var to the admin side via a config file, and allow users to type in the db name and table name for phpbb then it shoulndt be that big of a problem? Might need to add the possibility of a username and password too.

The joomla db connections are given so no need to change anything reguarding that - but just adding the suggested above should make it a quick qay to do it.

As regards to the avatars - Many of my users like to have different avatars - We are a gaming community and they use fantasy avatars on the forum and some use real life pictures in the cb profile. So perhaps having an option not to sync the avatar at all would be a way ahead?

Reguarding the ban options - It could be nice with a possibility to add ip, email, username to a ban list - It should probaply be done in CB and not in the cbconnector though.

17 years 7 months ago #20178 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:limiting forum posts
Currently the connector reads the DB info from the config file of phpbb. It opens that through the use of the common.php file which it opens based on the forum directory setting. Right now it uses the same DB as Joomla but different tables based on config file... In the future I will probably modify it to hook up to the $db object in phpbb...

The ban options sound like a good idea for another CB plugin. Should not be too hard to do. Also check through this site as someone else may already have it.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn