SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column

17 years 7 months ago #21418 by Venture
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column was created by Venture
This plugin looks great. Thank you for your hard work on. I'm excited to use it, but being a noob, I'm running into some problems. My main site is going to be naeldor.com. I've installed the connector, installed phpbb to naeldor.com/forums, and run the tool in the plugin to make sure users are sychronized. I THINK I have them sharing the same database (I used fantasico to install joomla, then manually installed phpBB and input what I think was the proper database information), but with my lack of expertise, it is possible this was not done correctly.

If I login from the main (joomla) page, then go to the forum page, I am not logged in there. If I go to the forum page first and try to login there, I get the following error:

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'venture'

Line : 65
File : login.php

Does that mean I did something wrong when setting up the database, or is there some other possible error? I've been searching the forums and trying to correct this for hours now, with no luck. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Evan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21440 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column
Something does appear to be wrong with you phpbb_users table... took a quick peek at mine and the 'user_login_tries' field does exist in my non-modded phpbb... so if the SQL is not finding that column then your phpbb database must have problems. I would probably try to reinstall phpbb.

On the login from Joomla issue... here are some things to check:
1) Verify that user has been sync'd in the connector
2) Veify cookie settings in Joomla and phpbb... make sure they match domains
3) if this is a 'remember me' login issue make sure you have patched the phpbbconnector.php file
4) Verify that the connector is 'published'

Logins in the forum should still work but they will not log you into Joomla. All actions in the connector are one-way from Joomla/CB to phpBB... changes in phpBB are not sync'd into Joomla.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn