install fails

17 years 7 months ago #22096 by mshallop
install fails was created by mshallop
First, please update the faq and the release notes to tell folks how to install the plug-in. For most of us joomla admins, the CB plug-in is a "fire-and-forget" type of module; you don't spend enough time in it to reach guru levels.

So, installed phpBB - everything is working just dandy. But I need the CB integration...

Installed the plugin - that went smoothly, the first time. (You need to add some SQL DROP statements to the uninstall script to revert the tables...)

However, when I config plugin, save the changes, and click on the control panel, I get:

Warning: main(/configuration.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/web/vmc/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 27

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/web/vmc/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 27

Interestingly enough, in the com_comprofiler/plugin/user director, there is no directory plug_phpb* installed.

Dinked with the REG_EMULATION thingy - no effect. I don't think that the install went well...

Frustrating...I boo-boo'd (technical term) the CB 1.0.1 upgrade - fixed the install/upgrade - now my forum (joomlaboard) no longer works because of wierd user id errors.

Anyway, enough whining....any ideas why this install headed south?

Post edited by: mshallop, at: 2006/10/05 18:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #22099 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:install fails
Probably should update the release notes and FAQs. I agree on that part.

On the SQL Drop... the only CB which complains about the field already existing is RC2... CB1, 1.0.1 should be fine. The field is not being dropped so that when you were to uninstall and reinstall (say for an update) that you don't need to go back in and re-sync all the users. On the DB side this plugin only adds 1 field to #__comprofiler so I don't think it is too heavy to leave in... so not sure I agree on the SQL DROP.

The error message you are showing is the one typically caused by the RG_EMULATION = off change which was recommended in recent Joomla versions. The patch mentioned in the other threads should fix that... I will post the link in the FAQs as well.

For you to get that error message that plug_phpbbconnector directory should exist. Note that it even mentions the line number the error occurred on... This would be the line in the file that includes/requires the configuration.php file

[code:1]require_once($joomla_root_path . "/configuration.php"«»);[/code:1]

The line right before that one includes the globals.php file... which when RG_EMULATION is turned off, clears all global variables from PHP's memory... which includes the $joomla_root_path defined earlier in the file... thus causing the error you noted.

I would double check that CB installed correctly and is running smoothly... then install phpbb connector and any patches that you may need... Set your forum directory and your done.

Hope this helps,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds