xoops / newbb forum

17 years 6 months ago #22452 by Jheroen
xoops / newbb forum was created by Jheroen
Hi all,

my concern is this:

i am going to put an entire xoops site into joomla, the xoops site has the newbb forum, written on phpbb. there is a newbb to smf forum converter available.
well, WHEN this convertion is going right all users from newbb will be new users on the smf forum i guess. i don;t know if the users are also in Joomla! but the bridge can convert both ways, so if the users are only in smf i can import them into joomla.
then this question: does this work when installing CB on the new joomla site? i mean are the users that were converted right into joomla also go right in CB?
and if so, what should i do first, convert everything and then install CB or else?
TIA for answering!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #22492 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:xoops / newbb forum
Sounds like a long migration path! but it should work as you describe... migrate to SMF then to Joomla... then when you install CB you need to synch their data (Look at CB tools I think)... Then once syncd you could install the phpbb connector and export back to phpbb...

You may check there might be a newbb to phpbb convertor to save you a step... I don't know much about newbb so I don't have much other advice to offer...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn