Logged-in, but not logged in

17 years 6 months ago #22615 by Infamy
Logged-in, but not logged in was created by Infamy
OK - I've done the install, uploaded the patch files and replaced sessions.php. My users (all 7 of us) have been synchronized. Users deleted and added via CB are nicely synchronized with PHPBB as well.

When I click on my wrapper link to go to PhPBB - it logs me in... i.e. PhPBB perks up and says that infamy is logged on. But it doesn't seems to know that I'm infamy. It still gives me the log-in option and tells me that there's one registered visitor and one guest. But there's really just me.

Cookies are on and it happens in IE and Opera.

PHPBB Version is 2.0.21

Post edited by: Infamy, at: 2006/10/15 15:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #22703 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Logged-in, but not logged in
Typically this happens due to cookies.

I have not been able to track down all of the causes though, and it appears the safer way to go is to include the SID in the link.... having said that v1.0.2 does not had the SID in the link but v2.0.0 will have...

Unfortuneately I am not sure I have much to help you on this one... If someone has a good fix or a list of which items to check then post in this thread... if there is anything that I haven't thought of I would be glad to consider it and add if it works...

I will check back in a few days and see if you had got this solved yet... Also post up some info on your site (IIS/Apache, versions of php, apache/IIS, MySQL... and some general server info so I can try to see if there is anything in common with some of the other reports)

Sorry,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn