need help on something

17 years 6 months ago #23460 by duronl
need help on something was created by duronl
Hello,

I created a forum for my site, i added a script so that a users Xbox Live gamercard wil be showed, i made a field in CB called cb_gamertag what i want is that if the users fill in there gamertag in cB that phpb forum willget that information and use it to show the users gamercard as an avatar wel not really the avatar it is placed under it.

Check it out here. www.globalxboxcommunity.com/PHPBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2

The way i do it now is log in as an admin and then edit a users profile and fill in there gamertag.

This is ok for now couse we dont have many members yet but it would be best if i had it automaticly done.

any one got some good idees.

Founder of Stampgasten.nl & globalxboxcommunity.com
Check: www.stampgasten.nl | www.globalxboxcommunity.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23623 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:need help on something
Not sure of an easy way to do it... bascially the CB Connector (v2.0.0 Alpha) takes some programming to create input screens... then takes more programming to push that data into the phpbb tables... I am not aware of a way to create a CB field which would automatically populate a phpbb field with programming (php)... Our approach on the phpBB profile in v2.0.0 was to use screens versus CB fields... as we felt that having CB fields which we copied to the phpbb tables would result in double data... with the html screens that populate the phpbb tables directly we don't end up storing the phpbb profile settings in CB at all.

If you can code php and want to modify the connector then let me know and i will help you figure out where to add/modify.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn