Again and again: error 1146...

17 years 5 months ago #23687 by cirinei
Again and again: error 1146... was created by cirinei
Hi, when i try to access phpbbconnector control panel I get this error:

"
SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'joomla.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =
SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
"

I use same db for joomla and phpbb, last version of every piece of software, and I have read almost every post on this subject in this forum....

I can imagine that the connector cannot read the config file of my joomla installation, because the errore seems to point to joomla.users table instead of joomla.jos_users, the right table name (table that exists).

I also try to change the directory in the configuration to joomla/forum (I have the forum dir under my joomla dir), with no results...

Please, help me! ;)

Thanks for you good work.

Marco Cirinei

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23732 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Again and again: error 1146...
You are part right... I can not read the config file of phpBB (instead of Joomla)... that query is looking for how many phbb users you have.

Questions to check into
1) Is the "Forum Directory" set correctly?
2) Does you webserver have a $_SERVER variable?
3) Does your common.php file in that forum directory contain a $table_prefix variable...

If you are not sure if the forum directory is correct you can go into line 153 of phpbbgui.php and change it from

include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);

to

require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);

Changing this to a require_once will cause it to error out if the file is not loaded... and show you where it is looking for that file... Carfully check that file location against the actual location of the file... If they do match then something else is wrong... have to dig deeper... if not then the forum directory is wrong... make sure and do not have preceeding or trailing slashes in the forum directory... v1.0.2 does not slash trimming... v2.0.0 will trim 1 slash off each side...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 5 months ago #23736 by cirinei
Replied by cirinei on topic Re:Again and again: error 1146...
Hi Greg.

I try and this is the answer:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/forum/common.' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in d:\dati\frontpage\gestioneHappysoft\joomla\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_phpbbconnector\phpbbgui.php on line 153

I do not exactly understand if "/forum/common." is or is'nt the right answer: the root fo my server is "D:\Dati\frontpage\gestioneHappysoft\Joomla\"
and the root of the forum is
"D:\Dati\frontpage\gestioneHappysoft\Joomla\Forum\"

Perhaps your plugin does not like Windozzz...?? :blush:

I wait for your precious help.
Thanks again.

Marco Cirinei

pS. Sorry but I don't see the backslashes on the d:... paths..
(you ca try to imagine dati frontpage ecc.ecc.)

Post edited by: cirinei, at: 2006/11/02 17:44

Post edited by: cirinei, at: 2006/11/02 17:45

17 years 5 months ago #23737 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Again and again: error 1146...
OK from that error message I get 2 things...

1) extension.inc is not being found (see #2 as to why)
2) Your webserver does not appear to have a "DOCUMENT_ROOT" server variable set...

So you can either
1) Set the DOCUMENT_ROOT variable for your webserver... or

2) Search through phpbbconnector.php and phpbbgui.php and replace

$_SERVER

with

D:\Dati\frontpage\gestioneHappysoft\Joomla

(Does look like your running IIS...) There have been a few IIS issue in v1.0.2 (notably the lack of $_SERVER)

V2.0.0 has other options for specifing the forum location (based on Joomla Root, and absolute path)... these should help with IIS installs in the next version... FWIW I now do 99% of my personal testing of the plugin on IIS 5.1 (Win XP Pro) so IIS issues should be a thing of the past once the new version comes out...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn