Problems installing plugin

17 years 6 months ago #24118 by bdacier
Problems installing plugin was created by bdacier
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install the plugin but when i try to install it as a zipped file it says:

Upload showPlugins - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
[ Continue ... ]
Upload showPlugins - Failed
Installation file not found:
/home/virtual/site357/fst/var/www/dev/media/install_45507697af9b7/
[ Continue ... ]

So well i tried istalling it by unzipping and uploading then installing, and then I get the error:

Install new plugin from directory /home/virtual/site357/fst/var/www/dev/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/phpbbconnectorinstall/ - Failed
Failed to create directory "/home/virtual/site357/fst/var/www/dev/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/js"
[ Continue ... ]

I need this to be working, cause we want to use our existing forum (which was our frontend for members) in Joomla.

Oh btw, i've CHMODded everyting to 777 looking if that could have been the problem but it seems it's not.

Thanks in advance for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #24130 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
The file does not need to be unzipped... just need to use the install new plugin option from Community Builder (note: It is NOT a Joomla Component, Module, or Mambot and will not install thru Joomla... you must install thru CB )

Only other reason I could think you might have problems is with SAFEMODE... If it is ON CB doesn't function properly (i.e. can't install files... think same is true for Joomla) If SAFEMODE is on not sure there is much I can do to help.

Also... since you have an existing forum... did you install Joomla into the existing forum database? This plugin currently requires that both Joomla (and CB) and phpBB be installed in the same database.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 6 months ago #24342 by bdacier
Replied by bdacier on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
It's allright, safemode was the problem, so i installed on the local server and then upped everything including database backup to the remote.

But I've got a new prob. I'll post this in a new thread.

17 years 5 months ago #26151 by Radsan
Replied by Radsan on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
Similar problem. Upgraded to CB 1.02 and tried reinstalling plugin.

Warning: file_get_contents(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/media/install_457342ccae841/phpbbconnector.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 1079
Upload showPlugins - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package.
[ Continue ... ]

Warning: file_get_contents(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/install_457342ccae841/phpbbconnector.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 1079
Upload showPlugins - Failed
Installation file not found:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/media/install_457342ccae841/
[ Continue ... ]

:(

Post edited by: Radsan, at: 2006/12/03 22:43

17 years 5 months ago #26215 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
looks like a permissions problem, or something did not go right with the CB upgrade you just did...

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 5 months ago #26240 by Radsan
Replied by Radsan on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
geeffland wrote:

looks like a permissions problem, or something did not go right with the CB upgrade you just did...

Thanks for the reply. PhPBB connector was installed and working correctly with CB 1.0.1. I have not altered any permissions and reinstalled the connector when I upgraded from 1.0 RC2 without any problems.

I have checked my CB 1.02 and installed it without any problems too and all seems to be installed correctly and working ok.

If permissions is the issue, which folder do I need to check permissions on?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn