Problems installing plugin

17 years 5 months ago #26331 by Radsan
Replied by Radsan on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
The error has nothing to do with permissions.

The latest 1.02 beta joomlaforge download is incorrect.Within the zip file there is a folder called 1.0.x. Files and folders within this folder should have been on the root of the zip file.

I extracted the zip file and rezipped the 1.0.x folder and then installed it fine.

The joomlaforge download file, I believe, needs to be corrected.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #26335 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
I understand the folder issue but what I don't understand is that with over 3000 downloads why do I only have 3 or so complaints about the install ZIP?

What is special about your setup that makes it so the ZIP file can not be installed? Or is this something that only happens with CB 1.0.2?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 5 months ago #26338 by Radsan
Replied by Radsan on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
No idea my friend.

I tried it on my local Ravenswood Joomla installation and the Xampp Joomla installation with the same results. I needed to unzip the file and zip up the contents of the folder to be able to install it.

I do not have a copy of the older download of phpBBconnector, so I don't quite know how they were zipped. Maybe it is to do with CB 1.0.2 and the way it handles installs has changed.

Having said that, I also use a google maps geocoder plugin and that installed without any problems and without any modifications.

Post edited by: Radsan, at: 2006/12/05 20:38

17 years 4 months ago #27598 by verasch
Replied by verasch on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
geeffland wrote:

I understand the folder issue but what I don't understand is that with over 3000 downloads why do I only have 3 or so complaints about the install ZIP?

perhaps you should consider the breakdown of the people who are downloading your plug in:

some people know what to look for when they get this problem
some people can solve the issue based on what you've told them
some people download your plugin, get the problem, have no idea what to do about it and say to heck with it.

i'm getting close to the last party, which sucks because i was really looking for an answer to getting my joomla site and the phpbb forum to work.

i'm getting the same error, but after i unzipped the files, i don't see any xml file at all. i even tried to rezip and upload a new zipped file with the same name. no dice.

i have successfully installed other plugins for cb with no issue, so i doubt it's a permissions problem. but if it is, how would i know?

i have the latest version of cb, and the latest version of phpbb. i moved my phpbb db into my joomla db, and everything seems to be in working order on that end.

i still can't get the file to upload. i really appreciate any help, as i think your plug in seems too promising to just say to heck with it. it seems really cool.

thanks in adv. for your help.

17 years 4 months ago #27739 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Problems installing plugin
Not quite sure I understand the tone of your message.

On every test server I have tried there is no issue with the ZIP file.... I don't think the way I zipped the file is an uncommon thing even CB is in a subdirectory within its comprofiler zip.

The problem is that most people that report anything like this never give details as to their system setup... I am no magician and I can't see your system, so if you don't give me details I can't help very well...

Not sure which version you are using or where you downloaded it from but every "authorized" source that I am aware of (Joomlapolis.com, cbconnector.com, and the joomla developer forge) have valid ZIP files which DO contain the XML install file. I have personally double checked each of those sources.

If you explain your issues and the steps you have taken along with some setup/server info I will see what I can do to help...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn