How to install?

17 years 4 months ago #26008 by nonoy5
How to install? was created by nonoy5
I am really really new to Joomla so please forgive me.
I installed CB and have installed phpBB on the same website and same database. Now how do I install your connector? Do I do it in the CB plugin management? I assume this is where I will install it but I do not want to assume and make a mistake.

Now once they are integrated/connected, how do I get the forum to show up in one of the pages of Joomla site? I know this part of the questions may not be the correct place to ask it but any help would be appreciated. I am just learning and you guys seem to be very helpful and kind to forgive my questions.

Thank you,
- Ernie

nonoy3@hotmail.com.NoSpam <--- just remove the .NoSpam to reach me

Life is here, Live IT.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26013 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:How to install?
You do go thru CB Plugin Management to install...

On the visual integration for v1.0.2 or v1.0.3 you will have to use the Joomla Wrapper... not perfect but it somewhat works... The user post links in their user profile will either open in the same or a new window... does not have the ability to open in a Joomla wrapper window... because each use of the joomla wrapper requires a DB entry... (i.e. 1 per every post and/or topic would be a lot of DB entries to add)

In v2.0.0 (which is in early Alpha stages), a CBC Wrapper can be used (modified version of the Wrapper) which works similar to the Joomla Wrapper with the exception that the post links in the user profile will also point to the CBC wrapper...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 4 months ago #26027 by nonoy5
Replied by nonoy5 on topic Re:How to install?
one last question, how do I install the updates ( *.php ) ?

Thanks in advance,
- Ernie

Life is here, Live IT.

17 years 4 months ago #26212 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:How to install?
Those you just ftp them over the file they are replacing... The README,txt file there has more information about that.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds