Control Panel - Merge Users Error?

17 years 4 months ago #26145 by stodd
Control Panel - Merge Users Error? was created by stodd
As i go throught the tabs in the plugin control panel, i successfully merge/import/synchronize the users listed on all tabs except the last one ("This tab list the users which are currently in the phpBB Users Table but not in the CB Users Table.")

There are 10 users that are list here. When I check those users and click "merge", it simply jumps back to the first overview tab. All the other tabs provide confirmation that the users have beeen merged, but not this one. When I return to the last tab a second time, the 10 users are still there and no merges appear to have taken place.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Stewart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26214 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Control Panel - Merge Users Error?
That last tab should be the users-interfere tab... and it looks like its description may be wrong. Those are users who have the same username but different passwords between the 2 user tables. In v1.0.2 that tab will not sync the users. To sync those users you will need to manually go into each user and type in their phpbb id (from the admin - cb user management screens)...

So if they are the same people then write down the user id's and names for both CB and phpbb then go thru the user manangement screens and update the phpbb_id manually...

Note that once they are syncd, if the user changes their CB password it will overwrite the phpbb password

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 4 months ago #26651 by Xardo
Replied by Xardo on topic Re:Control Panel - Merge Users Error?
Hi,

I had in my website the same problem with 8 users, The problem was because they had different passwords between joomla and phpbb. I replace the joomla password winth the phpbb one and all works fine.

Greetings

Ps: My english is not very good, if you can't understand ir, please, say me and I will try to say the same in other way

17 years 4 months ago #26761 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Control Panel - Merge Users Error?
Correct... the same could be done the other way.. .i.e. replace their phpbb password with their Joomla password.

For what its worth, v2.0.0 will allow syncing of those users even with their passwords different.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn