great idea for another feature

17 years 4 months ago #28662 by freuter
great idea for another feature was created by freuter
Hi folks,
dear programmers of "PHPBB Plugin-Connector",

let me introduce an great idea for your "PHPBB Plugin-Connector".

Your PlugIn is a realy great and usefull Killeraplikation, after all the troubels and questions wich Board will be the best in Joomla! After i checked a couple of other solutions and lost many times a lot of work (in kind of ruined Databases and those stuff), iv'd found your solution:

easy to understand - simple to install and very stable from the frist moment!

GREAT STUFF and nothing to complain!

But i've got an great Idea: all i need to an absolut "rounded" solution is a bridge between the PM-System from phpBB to CB and Joomla, so that we can handle the personell traffic between the customers over the phpBB-PM-Modul!

I think there wouldn't be a big problem, because the userbase is synchron and all we need is a nice and easy installation routine with a couple of Components and Modules to:
  • write a pbpBB-based PM over links and CD-Memberlist,
  • shows in a joomla-module if a message is income
  • and habe a new CB-Tab to connect a user directly
  • and/or a different Link to follow up in the phpBB-based PM-Screen.

What do you think about it?! I think that this feature will be fixed the question after another compatible PM-System in this great and usefull combination of Modules and Components and will be also a great and usefull added value too?!

I hope that you understand my lousy english and also that you feel in the same way as i (and a couple of friends, where is asked for they opinion about it).

But in the end, let me say a respectfully and special THX for this great and usefull solution, and also "no matter what i can do for you" - let me know it! Maybe, i can help in some german translation-files (as a language-pack), german FAQs or german-Board-Support?!
- just let me know it!!!

with kindest regards,

yours...
Frederic Ch.Reuter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #28668 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:great idea for another feature
freuter,

Let me see if this will help... I am currently working on a "last topics" module which is planned to have the following options (above last topics)

1) Last Created Topics
2) Last Answered Topics
3) Most Viewed Topics
4) Most Replied Topics
5) Last Posts
6) Most Active Users
7) Least Active Users
8) Users in a Usergroup
9) My Last Posts
10) My Last Answered Posts
11) My Private Messages

this will be 1 module that will connect with CB Connector v2.0.x (and the CBC wrapper as well). You will be able to copy the module and make each one show different stuff (per the 11 choices above)

The Topics and Posts options above will link similarly to the topics and post as the user profile does... including v2.0.0's ability to open those links in the CBC wrapper.

The Users options will link to the CB or phpbb Profiles

And the Private Messages options will link to phpbb's PM system (so I don't have to rewrite those screens)... at some point it might have a separate CB plugin as well (we will have to wait and see if that happens... depends on my free time)

Does this sound like option 11 might help with what you are asking?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn