PHPBB Spam Mods with CBConnector?

17 years 3 months ago #30485 by stodd
PHPBB Spam Mods with CBConnector? was created by stodd
My phpbb has been hit with spammers recently, and I have been looking at phpbb Mods that will help reduce the spam registrations and posts (see link below that I've been reviewing).

My question is that since i've moved to using CB+CB Connector for registration, can I disable/rename/delete the original phpbb registration page, which i suspect spambots are using to register and post.

I'm certainly not an expert php or web developer, but the spam has gotten out of control on my site.

Any thoughts about how to reduce spam with phpbb/cbconnetor implementation?

Thanks

www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=393503&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=spam&start=0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #30570 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:PHPBB Spam Mods with CBConnector?
On CBConnector we recently got a lot of spam posts/registrations. I modified the phpbb Registration to require Admin approval... had it set to None but they could still register (ver 1.0.21 I think)... You should be able to delete or rename the registration page without causing the connector to stop working.

I temporarily setup Admin approval required on CBConnector.com as well so I can manually check IPs and other registration info... so far deleted about 3-4 users, stopped about 4 from registering and have about another 4 that I am watching.

I have thought about writing a IP logger CB plugin that could stop IPs or users with specific emails, etc. from registering or logging on... Still may do it... even downloaded and tried the IP logger plugin that is already complete but it did not work as I was hoping... Even thought about setting up a feature on CBConnector.com where webmasters could share spammer info and have the plugin read that shared data... Still need to figure out if I want to go that far though...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn