phpbb connector and several forums

17 years 2 months ago #31985 by Trax
Hi,

I just intalled this plugin and works perfectly. Good job.

When my site had only one phpbb forum, this plugin was my salvation, but now that a I must have several phpbb forum is my own hell ;)

I was looking at the code and I don´t know exactly what king of changes I have to do to make it works with several phpbb forums at the same time.

What I need is that when a user is registered in my site, This users is registered in all my forums too.

I supposed that it must be in the same data base because I don´t what to modify all de sql querys in the plugin to work in different DB. Too much work ;) So all my forums have tables which have different prefix to be in the same database.

Thanks a lot for wasting your time reading me.

Post edited by: Trax, at: 2007/02/26 00:07

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #32021 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpbb connector and several forums
It would take a significant effort to make the connector handle multiple forums as each of its functions (login,logout, register, modify profiles, etc.) would need to repeat itself for each forum each with its own forum directory and database information.

This would not be an easy task... What is the reason you must have multiple forums?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 2 months ago #32046 by Trax
Replied by Trax on topic Re:phpbb connector and several forums
Hi,

My site is a place where all the people who is playing a game in a clan called "poder oculto" are together.

There are several games and each game have they own forum with their own template so I can´t put all togheter in the same forum.

For each game there are one forum.

I thought 2 posibbilities:

The first one: Using phpbb connector register all the people in all the forums and in each forum make groups. The user who is in the group can access to the private zone and the user who is no in the group can just access to the public zone, so all the users can see the public zone of all forums, but just the users whose are playing in the game, can see the private zone.

The second one maybe is more difficult: I thought in create a new field in the register form where the user can insert the games where the user are. (One user could be playing in 2 or more games, so He has to see the private zone in 2 or more forums).
To do these, I must create a new table, and in this table insert the id user and the is forum and just run phpbbconnector to register the user in the appropiate forums.

Thank you for your answer.

Post edited by: Trax, at: 2007/02/26 12:06

17 years 2 months ago #32237 by Trax
I Think The best thing I can do is try to simplify the phpbbconnector just to login and logout in every forum.

What do you thing about it?

Are there an easy o medium-easy way to do it?

Thanks a lot.

17 years 2 months ago #32263 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpbb connector and several forums
I will have to take a peek... currently it loads the config.php for the forum and from its info determines the database, etc... so with multiples that data would override each other... so not sure there is an easy way to do it...

I will need to peek at the code and see what suggestions I can come up with...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 2 months ago #32333 by Trax
Thanks you for your fast answer ;)

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn