Multiple CB installs with one phpbb forum?

17 years 2 months ago #33363 by DPK99
Would I be able to use the plugin connector for multiple websites, each with their own install of Community Builder, so that they all integrate with the same forum?

To use a simple example, say that there are three websites, one for football fans, one for basketball fans, and one for baseball fans. Each website has their own install of Community Builder where users can create profiles, blog, post pics, etc. However, all three website would integrate with the same forum.

Can that be acomplished?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #33523 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Multiple CB installs with one phpbb forum?
Probably would be difficult at this time as currently the connector requires the phpbb and CB/Joomla site to be installed in the same database... multiple joomla sites in one database would be a lot of tables...

Although I think fundamentally it could be done if all the websites were on the same website (i.e. directories under the website) and all were in the same database... natively they would not log you into other CB sites though but there may be a CB plugin out already that would do that part...

So I guess if you lived with a fat database you could make it work without too much trouble...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn