No phpbb admin control panel

17 years 1 month ago #33472 by stodd
No phpbb admin control panel was created by stodd
The link to my admin control panel has disappeared from my phpbb forum.

In addition, when I receive emails that I've received a new phpbb PM, i click on the link but there are no messages in my PM inbox.

Any thoughts on these two issues?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #33526 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:No phpbb admin control panel
The PM issue I am not sure what is happening there... should be no interference from the connector on that part...

The admin link disappeared... does your user still have an "addmin" user level?

Either of these could potentially be a theme issue so if you have special themes then check that also...

Any changes lately that have been made to the system?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 1 month ago #33532 by stodd
Replied by stodd on topic Re:No phpbb admin control panel
ok - i went into CB User Management and the phpbb tab lists the admin user as #401.

In phpbb_users table, the admin is user_id #2

jos_users, the admin is is #62

I went into the CB User Manager to edit the Alpha3 Forum Profile field and to try changing the phpbb user #401 to user #2 or #62 to see if that would work, but it won't let me save because of a separate issue:

When I try to save the profile, it says "First name and last name required". So i go to the first tab where the additional required CB fields are listed, and fill out the required fields. Then I hit save and i get a message like "This email address is already in use - if you have forgotten your password, click the 'lost password link..." or something similar.

As a result - nobody can edit their profile. These are probably two separate issues, so I'm going to split the profile issue off into a separate post.

17 years 1 month ago #33537 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:No phpbb admin control panel
See the other note about posting alpha 3 issues in the cbconnector.com Alpha 3 forum for better organization...

The connector sync's users based on usernames and passwords and does not sync based on privelleges... also all exports to phpbb from CB are brought in as regular users... To give them admin privelleges on phpbb requires a phpbb admin to set their user level to admin (or a site admin to modify the database setting for that same user)

I will answer the other 2 issues in the other thread...

CB User Management is the correct place for admins to modify the user's forum ID manually... (just make sure they are the same user)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn