help with PHPBB Plugin-Connector Errors:

17 years 1 month ago #34648 by shroomz
hi my name is warren, and I have tried a few different ways of installing this plug-in and installing phpbb2
and had an array of different errors, and still no luck with getting the plug-in to work, some of the errors on getting similar to the ones is noticed in the other post, I have tried a few of the answers given in these post-which is just led me to other errors, so I'm hoping the post all the information I can available here and hopefully somebody will be able to give me an answer soon,
system info
Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable
PHP Version 4.4.4
Community Builder 1.0.2
phpbb connector v1.0.3
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard-log

this is the last error, I got after doing a manual installation of BHPbb2 and installing it into a folder called phpBB2

so my site address is :: www.shroomz.org
and my Forum's address is :: www.shroomz.org/phpBB2

in the database to the user table, to be installed into was
shroomzo_
here is a layout of my database set up below
Databases:
shroomzo_
shroomzo_coin1

Users in coin1
shroomzo_coin1 (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl
$dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:shroomzo_coin1:localhost","shroomzo_coin1","<PASSWORD HERE>");

PHP
$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "shroomzo_coin1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("shroomzo_coin1");

shroomzo_joom1

Users in joom1
shroomzo_joom1 (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh =DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:shroomzo_joom1:localhost","shroomzo_joom1","<PASSWORD HERE>");

PHP
$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "shroomzo_joom1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("shroomzo_joom1");

shroomzo_osc1

Users in osc1
shroomzo_osc1 (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl
$dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:shroomzo_osc1:localhost","shroomzo_osc1","<PASSWORD HERE>");

PHP
$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "shroomzo_osc1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("shroomzo_osc1");

shroomzo_pchat1

Users in pchat1
shroomzo_pchat1 (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl
$dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:shroomzo_pchat1:localhost","shroomzo_pchat1","<PASSWORD HERE>");

PHP
$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "shroomzo_pchat1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("shroomzo_pchat1");

have already tried using the shroomzo_joom1 database as well, with no luck. Just the same error posted below
Not Found
The requested URL /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.shroomz.org Port 80
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pasted from <www.shroomz.org/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/index.php?mosmsg=You%20need%20to%20login>

any help on this would be greatly appreciated
regards, warren Jackson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #34650 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:help with PHPBB Plugin-Connector Errors:
First..

Are Joomla and phpbb installed in the same database? As this is a requirement of the plugin as stated in the readme files and the FAQs posted here and on cbconnector.com...

You will also want to use the same user for both. the Connector will access the phpbb tables from the Joomla Database object.

The error message when trying to use the control panel is due to Joomla's admin scripts (being included in the connector) thinking that you are not currently logged in as an admin. this could be because of many reasons. The first one I would check is to make sure that sitename you are connecting with matches that which Joomla was setup with... i.e. access one by localhost and the other by the machine name (i.e. 'mymachine'). This can cause the session variables to not come thru correctly.

If that is not the case then let me know and we will see if v2.0 alpha works better in your setup.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 1 month ago #34652 by shroomz
Replied by shroomz on topic Re:help with PHPBB Plugin-Connector Errors:
ok am getting really lost with the whole in the same database thing :unsure:

is database to do with the structure of the folders?

or is it to do with this
MySQL Databases 5 / 50

from my domain host control panel, which shows that I have five databases
shroomzo_
shroomzo_coin1 >>>> this one, I think is for Netshine Billing
shroomzo_joom1 >>>> this one, I think is for joomla
shroomzo_osc1
shroomzo_pchat1

now when am installing phpbb2 it ask for your database information
I have successfully installed phpbb2 using the following databases
shroomzo_
shroomzo_joom1

this is pretty much the extent of my knowledge about the database thing
I am willing give you total access to my site and see if you could work it out, cos am way out of my league here
but if worst comes to worst am still willing to take potshots at it and see what happens, and i know it has to do with the way the am installing the forums

Post edited by: shroomz, at: 2007/03/30 17:13

17 years 1 month ago #34653 by shroomz
ok i'm going to deleat phpbb2 agen
and post for help at each step
first is this cool for the folder setup
joomla was installed in /public_html
the highlited phpbb2 is where the forums go
Attachments:

17 years 1 month ago #34657 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:help with PHPBB Plugin-Connector Errors:
phpbb instalation:

As long as it is in the same database and website as your joomla site you can put it in any directory. The 'default' is to put it in a 'forum' directory at the root of the website... BUT as long as you edit the 'forum directory' parameter for the plugin correctly you can put it in any directory... from your picture the 'forum directory' setting should be 'phpBB2' (note: it may be case sensitive depending on the server)

As far as the database ...

if Joomla is in shroomzo_joom1 then you should install phpbb into shroomzo_joom1 as well... you can verify this from the admin side of Joomla under the system configuration in the menu to the far right...

Since this is a newer version of Joomla and phpBB do not change out the sessions.php file as mentioned in the readme file in the connector ZIP file...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 1 month ago #34664 by shroomz
found the database
and the last time i instaled phpbb2 i used shroomzo as the user name that could have been what i did rong
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn