cb won't stay logged on when going to forum

17 years 3 weeks ago #35291 by bomb2k
my issue is that usually when a user that is logged into CB/Joomla on the front end of my site clicks the link to my phpbb forum (which opens in a new window) they are not automatically logged into the forum as well.

Sometimes, when I'm logged in under my admin account it will work, but sometimes not. It's a bit of a pain, and I'm curious if i am missing something here - do i need to add a special parameter to my forum's link to have users automatically signed into the forum, or is this a bug, or could it possibly have something to do with my phpbb cookie name?

any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #35293 by bomb2k
UPDATE: now, it also seems like the phpbb connector plug-in control panel isn't working, which is frustrating the hell out of me... what is wrong here? :evil:

17 years 3 weeks ago #35320 by Hazzaa
Hi Guys, I'm new to the boards and came across this awesome mod that I have been searching for ever.
I re-instated the login/logout feature because my board has been up for a while and it confused my members as to if they were or weren't logged in. When you log out of PHPBB you are still logged into CB, but when you go back to PHPBB you are not logged in. Go back to CB, logout and then back in, and it will log you back into PHPBB. Just though this may help with your issue.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.

17 years 3 weeks ago #35341 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:cb won't stay logged on when going to forum
Correct that a logout of phpbb does not log out of CB... but there is also a cookie issue at play... I have seen it work and not work both on different sites but don't know what is common on the ones that don't yet. To solve the issue, v2.0. when used with the CBC wrapper automatically appends the SID onto the end of the link as in almost all cases the session was started for phpbb (look in the phpbb_sessions table to tell for sure) but some cookie issue kept it from knowing it was logged in... check the site and directory settings for the cookies... I think they also made a change in phpbb around 2.0.21 or so that makes it more necessary to tag the SID on the URL now...

I am preparing to make v2.0. release in a Beta version available more widely in the coming weeks... If you absolutely can't wait then go to cbconnector.com and register indicating that you want to be an alpha tester...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 3 weeks ago #35358 by bomb2k
well, i messed something up and ended up having to restore my database from an earlier version and re-install CB logon and the phpbb connector...

It seems to be running better now, but I have yet to test in regards to using another account than the admin one.

However, I noticed that when I logout from the front end, it does not log out from the forum... any way to solve this?

thanks for your help, guys!

17 years 3 weeks ago #35359 by bomb2k
geeffland wrote:

Correct that a logout of phpbb does not log out of CB... but there is also a cookie issue at play...

would it mess things up if both cookies used were named the same? as in whatever joomla/cb uses had the same named cookie as the phpbb forum cookie? or is this not going to work, since they are for two different pieces of software?

what is the name of the cookie cb/joomla uses? is there any way to change the name of it or is it automatically generated?

just a thought :)

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn