cb won't stay logged on when going to forum

17 years 3 weeks ago #35379 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:cb won't stay logged on when going to forum
On your first question, if the connector is installed and published (and v2 if enabled) it should log the person out of phpbb when they log out of CB/Joomla. Note that if you have two browser windows/tabs open it won't automatically refresh the other tab but if you manually refresh the window you will see that the user is logged out (also will see if you try to reply, etc...)

On the second question, I am not sure... I am letting the phpbb code and the CB code repectively write their own cookies... so I would have to dig in and see what they are doing... I would think each is writing per their own settings but there may be something going on if the code from one site (directory) is being accessed from another...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #35588 by bomb2k
what do you mean by v2? version 2? I thought the latest was Version 1.0.3 -- hmmm.. might have to do a search..

it seems to be logging into and out of phpbb fine now when the user does with CB, however, new user registrations don't appear in the forum when people sign up; i run the plugin control panel (which for some reason wasn't working and i had to edit to point to the correct url) and after syncing the cb users with phpbb, I go into my forum, and it shows the newest user as being the last one i imported, however when i click on them to view their profile in phpbb, it comes up saying that the user doesn't exist and then they vanish from phpbb entirely...

strange...

17 years 3 weeks ago #35602 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:cb won't stay logged on when going to forum
Version 2.0 is available for Alpha testers only at this point, but hopefully will be available for a public beta in the near future...

Describe in detail your sites registration settings and the process that the users are going thru. the plugin initally will create an inactive user in phpbb and then when they finish their CB registration (assuming e-mail confirm, etc. required) it will activate the user... so there are a few branches of what happens at registration, therefore I need to know how your site is registering users to help...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn