Control Panel -- Error 404

17 years 2 weeks ago #35891 by glennbrown
Control Panel -- Error 404 was created by glennbrown
Okay, this question has been answered before, but I've tried the solution and it has not worked. Everytime I try to go into the PHPBB Connector Plugin Control Panel, I get "Page Not Found." For some reason it is looking for index.php, when the only index is index.html.

Now, in the previous thread, the user was told to download a newer release of the plugin. That, apparently, fixed his problem (sorta), but I have 1.0.3 and I'm still getting the same error. I've reinstalled countless times and I cannot get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 weeks ago #35951 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Control Panel -- Error 404
The reason it is looking for the index.php page is that when the connector includes the Joomla admin code to check for a valid admin login, the Joomla code thinks you are not logged in as an admin. Joomla's code that I am using was not designed for direct implementation into another project and does not have enough error trapping to relize that it is being called from another directory so when it redirects to index.php it does not verify that it is in a Joomla directory....

So double edged issue, the Joomla Admin login code that I have used was not designed to be used that way (bad on me), and it does not redirect to index.php in a verified Joomla directory.

But I think the issue you need to focus on is why does it not think a Joomla admin session is running. I have not had a case where we have followed this completely to figure out why... The earlier cases the suggestion was to update the connector because a few versions ago, Joomla changed how they check for admin logins... so the connector had to be updated for that.

Are you willing to help figure out the root cause of the failed admin login check? If so PM me some site info and set me up with a super admin account so we can dig around and see what is happening. If you don't have it installed JoomlaXplorer is a very handy plugin for viewing and modifying files while they are on your site.. (i.e. won't need FTP access if it is installed)

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 2 weeks ago #36043 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Control Panel -- Error 404
OK glen...

Found many issues...

1) your mosConfig_live_site did not include the www. prefix on the site name... this was causing the session issue with Joomla's code thinking you were not logged in... Not sure why Joomla's own code either doesn't have an issue or why my code should have an issue...

2) Forum Directory was set to 'forum' should be 'clanboard' (the directory where you forum is located relative to the site root

3) Your forum tables are not installed in the same database as Joomla... this is a requirement for the current versions of the connector.

If we want to continue with getting these to work then either Joomla will need to be installed in the phpbb database or phpbb into the Joomla database...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 1 week ago #36048 by glennbrown
Replied by glennbrown on topic Re:Control Panel -- Error 404
1) Alright, thank you for that one.

2) I'd uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it. Hadn't set up all the settings yet. Sorry for that.

3) I'll get to work on that.

Thank you for your help.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn