HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening

16 years 11 months ago #37762 by jpeery
Well, not sure what's going on, but when I try to open the CB phpBB Plugin Control Panel, it opens a new window, but stays blank, any ideas? Where can I look for errors that might clue me into what's the problem?
TIA,
JP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #37765 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
Good question,

Lets start with the basic checklist

1) Phpbb is installed in same database as Joomla/CB
2) Forum Directory is set correctly in Connector parameters
3) Host is not siteground
4) Is this IIS or Apache server or other

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #37773 by jpeery
Replied by jpeery on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
geeffland wrote:

Good question,

Lets start with the basic checklist

1) Phpbb is installed in same database as Joomla/CB
2) Forum Directory is set correctly in Connector parameters
3) Host is not siteground
4) Is this IIS or Apache server or other

Greg

First - THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! :-)
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Hm, not sure what you mean, but haven't changed any of this... That I know of...
4) Apache

If you'd like me to set up an admin account I can do that, if you need specific versions etc, just let me know...
Thanks again,
Jason

16 years 11 months ago #37776 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
You can set me up with a Super Admin account and PM me the info... can't promise I will get a chance to look at it real soon but hopefully I can find time before too long...

also if you don't have it installed already JoomlaXplorer is a very handy tool to help debug with as you can modify files without having to modify the locally and FTP them to the site... (i.e. please install if not already)

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #37779 by jpeery
HM, this is very interesting, was just able to open it in IE, but Firefox won't do it. Was working, not sure what's going on, but glad to see it doesn't appear to be the site, but my Firefox or something on this end. Thanks for the help - any ideas what it could be between the browsers?

16 years 11 months ago #37784 by jpeery
Mystery continues, now it opens in Firefox.. I'm starting to think this is a weird security setting or something I've not seen before.

Hey, one other question though, when it does open, on the last tab (on the right) "users that Interfere" I've got 3 users in this list, and it says "This tab list the users which are currently in the phpBB Users Table but not in the CB Users Table." BUT when I look on the CB tab, they are not listed, I do see them all in the users list when I admin users either through Joomla main, or CB user admin... Any idea what may be up, what I need to do to move them out of interfere, and make sure this doesn't happen again? I'm guessing there's some manual process, or some DB field update I need to make.
Thanks again, I really like CB, and this plugin, wouldn't be able to use the site and forums otherwise!
JP

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn