HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening

16 years 11 months ago #37789 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
The last tab of interfere users list those which the username matches between CB and phpbb but have different passwords... If you are sure they are the same user you can manually go into those users from the CB user management and set their Forum ID... To do this you just need to know their forum id #... can't remember if the plugin control panel shows you that number or not... if not then just go into the phpbb_users table and read their number (FWIW, CB Connector v2 which is out for Alpha testing now, will allow you to sync these users easier)... Once sync'd if the user changes their password in CB it will change the password for phpBB... also the admin could if the user desires copy the password from CB to phpbb (or vice versa)... I would make sure that is what they wanted first though... You can copy their passwords as both systems use the same MD5 encryption on the password.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #37793 by jpeery
Replied by jpeery on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
Ah, that makes sense, I see now, certainly not as big a deal as I thought. I'll reset the passwords, thanks! Also, if you tell me where I can find the alpha I'd be happy to run it in my test site.
Thanks again,
Jason

16 years 11 months ago #37802 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
Just go to cbconnector.com and register as a user... indicate that you want to be an alpha tester then as I get time I will approve the account.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #37805 by jpeery
Replied by jpeery on topic Re:HELP! Plugin Control Panel not opening
Done, and thanks again, got everyone sync'd
Much Obliged,
JP

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn