Login to forums when Login to Joomla?

16 years 1 month ago #58310 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Login to forums when Login to Joomla?
What are your CBC parameters currently set at?

specifically...
Plugin
Locate Forum By
Forum Directory
Login-Logout Enabled?

Greg

p.s. CBC Wrapper is a better wrapper for the forum then the Joomla Wrapper... as it integrates with the CBC and does things like verify sessions, append sid on the links, etc.... but this is a side issue if nothing is showing up in the sessions table...

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58334 by Paladin_Brewer
Replied by Paladin_Brewer on topic Re:Login to forums when Login to Joomla?
Ok....Im sorry but I cannot seem to find those settings. I went to Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration and I looked in all the tabs. I went to my Site modules and looked at the settings for the CB Login module. I do not seem to see those settings. I even went through the DB and looked through everything with comprofiler on it, and nothing. Where am I missing it?

EDIT: Another note, I forgot to mention that Joomla and my PHPBB3 forums are in 2 different databases, I dont know if thats an issue or not.

Post edited by: Paladin_Brewer, at: 2008/03/07 00:51

16 years 1 month ago #58411 by geeffland
Components -> Community Builder -> Plugin Management -> CB Connector

That should get you to the plugin parameters for CB Connector...

Separate databases will be fine... just need websites , Joomla & phpbb, to be on the same sever.

Greg

16 years 1 month ago #58424 by Paladin_Brewer
Replied by Paladin_Brewer on topic Re:Login to forums when Login to Joomla?
Well the good news is, I am a complete idiot :) For some reason the CB Connector was not installed. I know I installed it because I remember looking at these settings, but I think I uninstalled everything and perhaps forgot to reinstall the Connector. Wow :( Anyways, I got the settings going and everything seems to be working. I had some small problems with my admin not linking up with my admin for the forums, but alas I figured that one out. Sorry for making this long thread for nothing, I don't know how I missed that at all. I think I was thinking of Community Builder as the same as the Connector, not a a plugin for CB. Oh well. Good news is your plugin works great, I just had a slow moment :woohoo:

Quick Question though: Is there a way for me the Private Messages from PHPBB into the User Menu of Joomla, and if possible, some sort of indication and to whether the user has new messages.

Post edited by: Paladin_Brewer, at: 2008/03/07 21:39

16 years 1 month ago #58485 by geeffland
I have not created a PMS plugin for phpbb and CB... but I do have a CBC Query Modules that can show your inbox, etc. in a module... it is located at cbconnector.com

Greg

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn