Help with installation

18 years 5 days ago #10696 by fuzion
Help with installation was created by fuzion
I am having problems installing cb on my joomla site.
i just did a fresh install of joomla and everything went fine.
then, i tried to install community builder.

i keep getting this error message:

[code:1]Failed to create directory "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\undergroundtoronto.com\httpdocs\j\components\com_comprofiler\"
[/code:1]
i checked and modified the permissions of the directory to 777 yet it still keeps giving the same message.

also before install, all the directories show "writable" permissions in the install page but an error message when i try to install.

i am using the manual install method and have uploaded the files as per instructions in the install file.

:dry:

Post edited by: fuzion, at: 2006/04/20 22:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 days ago #10702 by jocit
Replied by jocit on topic error creating dir
I have the same problem.

I just get the message:
Failed to create directory "/home/wwwsites/pionerkursus/cms/components/com_comprofiler/images"

Then when I go back and try again it sais that a component is allready using the dir com_comprofiler

I then manualey via ftp have to delete the folder to try and reinstall but the I get the image folder error again.

Can someone please help
I used the manual upload as instructed in the manual because when trying to upload and install the zip file I get an error regarding some XML file.

Please help...

cheers,
Jonas

18 years 1 day ago #10903 by Estranged
Replied by Estranged on topic Re:error creating dir
I have the same problem. Can't create the images folder, even though it does create the com_comprofiler folder. Looks like more than a few people have this problem, and no one seems to know why, or what to do about it. I have a suspicion it has to do with PHP and safe mode, and who owns what files.

Post edited by: Estranged, at: 2006/04/25 01:46

18 years 1 day ago #10911 by nickjo
Replied by nickjo on topic Re:error creating dir
What is the exact error in relation to your XML file problem? can you paste it?

jocit wrote:

I have the same problem.

I just get the message:
Failed to create directory "/home/wwwsites/pionerkursus/cms/components/com_comprofiler/images"

Then when I go back and try again it sais that a component is allready using the dir com_comprofiler

I then manualey via ftp have to delete the folder to try and reinstall but the I get the image folder error again.

Can someone please help
I used the manual upload as instructed in the manual because when trying to upload and install the zip file I get an error regarding some XML file.

Please help...

cheers,
Jonas

blwebsolutions.com

17 years 11 months ago #11536 by tbeseda
Replied by tbeseda on topic Re:Help with installation
same problem.

Complete Error Message
[code:1]Failed to create directory "/home/sites/tjbeseda/www/public_html/Joomla/components/com_comprofiler/images"[/code:1]

anyone have any suggestions, or previous posts I can look to for help? Thanks!

17 years 11 months ago #13133 by dummschwaetz
Replied by dummschwaetz on topic Re:Help with installation
Hi
You modified the permissions of the directory to 777. Do you have sub-directories? I always got the message when I tried to install a component with more than one directory. During the installation joomla do net set the permissions of the new directory to 777. So you get an error when joomla tries to create a sub-directory.
However I do not know how to solve this problem :-(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn