bad installations of components for use with CB

18 years 2 months ago #5196 by procreate
i was going to post this in the joomla forum, but thinking that the joomlaboard/mamblog are directly related to CB on the site [otherwise i would look for other alternatives, mamblog is crude as can be and joomlaboard is quite limited compared to other BB's] both of these components when installed default to 'nobody' as ownership on my server. so basically i cant change any of the files easily except for yet another crude method using joomlaexplorer deleting the old file and uploading the new one.

anyone know a way around this? i dont have to install these components via the admin except with mamblog, i tried to manually install it bypassing the admin install and ftp'ing the folder and contents to the proper directory but it wouldnt show up in the admin.

anyone have any ideas? i spoke with my server and they said they had to chage the user ownership for some reason... i wish it would install properly via joomla admin install with the root user as owner.

is this purely a joomla install related thing? or component thing [only joomlaboard and mamblog, and some templates i have played with do this, most components go in properly... i think even CB installs with the root user as the owner of the file]

who or what is to blame?

thread can be moved to a better forum if this is a poor one for this complaint.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5281 by nant
The nobody ownership problem is related to your host and the way Joomla/Mambo currently installs things. As I understand it starting with Joomla 1.1 an ftp installer will be deployed - this should handle the ownership issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn