CB1.1 comprofiler install error

16 years 6 months ago #48544 by mark.truswell
CB1.1 comprofiler install error was created by mark.truswell
*** UPDATE ***

It looks like the problem is with my server hosting company. The php execution limit is set to 10 seconds and they wont change it. Their technical support (Pipex - Webfusion) say that its not possible.

Can someone confirm that the component would typically exceed this limit on installation (I know there is no typical!).

Hi,

I have a clean install of Joomla! 1.5 RC3 and have just installed the modules from CB1.1 fine (i.e. extension manager says its okay).
The com_comprofiler returns a http error 500.
I've tried to load from my hard disk to the site and from another site, etc. All to no avail an no error messages.
I'm *new* to CB and really wanted to use the CB features on my new site. I can't see anyone else reporting this odd error on google/etc. Can someone point me to any logs that might have captured the error message?
The .zip file is appearing on \tmp so the system must have loaded it before dropping out.
PHP limits from hosting service:
-Version 4.3.10 (CGI version)
-Modules Non standard modules include mySQL, GD, Zend & IonCube loader.
-allow_url_fopen On
-max_execution_time 10
-memory_limit 20M
-register_globals On
-safe_mode Off
-upload_max_filesize 5M

:(

Post edited by: mark.truswell, at: 2007/10/23 00:00

Post edited by: mark.truswell, at: 2007/10/24 03:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48758 by boostman
Replied by boostman on topic Re:CB1.1 comprofiler install error
Have you tried to load it via FTP client instead of remotely on your host? Just an idea.

16 years 6 months ago #50307 by mark.truswell
Replied by mark.truswell on topic Re:CB1.1 comprofiler install error
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. The upload process puts a copy of the com_comprofiler.zip file in the tmp directory. I've tried to install from this directory and get the "please enter a package directory" error message.
Is there a specific directory I should upload to and what directory/file path should I use in the Extension Manager?

*Thanks*

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn