Registration and Updating Problems: Clean Install

16 years 6 months ago #48594 by mpoweringu
Hi, I recently installed CB 1.1 on my Joomla 1.0.12 install. I followed the installation steps, configuration steps, and login module steps. All other login interfaces have either been removed or unpublished. I've researched multiple times on the forums here to no avail.

Here's what I have going on:

#1) After installation, on any section where I am editing information (e.x. the Menu in Tab Manager or Members List in List Manager, etc.) in any field that would have the language definition, I have the original link code (i.e. _UE_YOUR_FNAME instead of "First Name")

#2) Registration is not working, when someone tries to register, after clicking send it says "Please login or Register to view or modify your profile." The information is not populated in the CB User Manager.

#3) This is probably from the same error above, but manually created users in the backend can not update their profiles on the front-end. They can log in, but when they change a profile field and click "update" it appears as though it saves (it goes back to profile view) but values are not populated and a re-check of editing profile shows that the values were not saved.

Any ideas as to what the heck is happening here? I've manually checked to see that all files populated in the appropriate folders, that all SQL commands were executed correctly, and even disected files to make sure there was not any accidental mistakes around the registration form.

Server Specs:
PHP 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.20
Apache 2.0.54

Any help would be appreciated!

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48598 by mpoweringu
I've checked my Firefox error console and it seems that whenever I am trying to edit/update a profile it is causing the error message "Please enter a valid username" in the error console.

I've set CB to not allow username changes, so this is impossible and the username displayed when updating a profile is the correct username associated with the user account.

Just another FYI.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn