email or username as login id (hack)

16 years 2 months ago #57653 by jonathani501
Replied by jonathani501 on topic Re:email or username as login id (hack)
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:
I needed this hack. It's working in 1.5 with CB 1.1.
So far I have the login part working. I deleted the username login portion so people can only login by e-mail.

The other thing I am going to work on is a "username" hack so people can put special characters in their name. Before I even start doing that, would that open security holes?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #57655 by nickverwymeren
Replied by nickverwymeren on topic Re:email or username as login id (hack)
can you post your solutions here? i've been trying to get this to work for a while. thanks

16 years 2 months ago #58007 by jonathani501
Replied by jonathani501 on topic Re:email or username as login id (hack)
My bad, I was working on my 1.0.15 copy. Want me to put the file up anyway?

16 years 2 months ago #58560 by selfxplanatory
Replied by selfxplanatory on topic Re:email or username as login id (hack)
Thanks for the hack!! I second the motion for possible integration for the next release, hats off to everyone in the community and the core cb team!! (^_^)

I've replaced the login snippet in this posting, and it worked for me, I'm using Joomla 1.0.15 with cb 1.1, mod rewrite on and joomla sef (no component or htaccess hacks).

NOTE: for those who are using joomlaXplorer to modify the code, please be aware that (for me at least) it was adding random:  's in the mentioned sections if you are copying directly from the posting. Ended up FTPing the files and using an editor to modify.

Although, I can't tell if the password recovery code works cause I keep getting a reply of "Password Reset Failed!" BUT, if i replace all the original code dealing with the normal password recovery, I still get the same response so the problem lies elsewhere. Anyone else getting this problem?

16 years 2 months ago #58562 by nickverwymeren
Replied by nickverwymeren on topic Re:email or username as login id (hack)
yeah that would be nice. I'm using 1.5 but who knows it may work. thanks.

16 years 2 months ago #58578 by shommez
Replied by shommez on topic Re:email or username as login id (hack)
Everything works fine,
but one question, now I can login with the email address only, but, in the email send (for lost pasword), the user gets his new password, but I want the user gets his username too, any ideas how to fix this in the hack?

thanks

Stijn

stijn@net-id.be

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn