Send new user registration email to non-moderator

15 years 10 months ago #65787 by limelight
I am running Joomla 1.5.3 with CB 1.1 in legacy mode. I would like to send a copy of the new user registration email to an admin user who is not set up to receive moderator emails. The reason for this is because I want to send all my registered users automatically to my AWeber autoresponder list. AWeber can create a custom email parser for me based on the email that CB generates with the new user details, and I do not want all the other moderator emails to get sent.

I have read this thread but it is for an earlier version of CB, and the code has changed. I also am not sure that this solution would send the email to someone who is not a moderator anyway.

I am not very familiar with php but can sometimes figure things out. I believe the code that would need to be modified is in function activateUser in the comprofiler.class.php file, but I do not know how to modify it.

If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. This change would solve a huge issue for me and save a lot of time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #80375 by essexboyupnorth
Replied by essexboyupnorth on topic Re:Send new user registration email to non-moderator
I could use help with this topic also. I would like to send the new user email to a manager.

14 years 11 months ago #98158 by djordan
I'll give this a bump. Its something that I need too.

14 years 11 months ago #98161 by Rapunzl
Although it won't help your feature request, it's highly recommended you upgrade to CB 1.2 stable, since all known bugs have been fixed and many, many features are added.

As far as the feature, you'd need a plugin to add the ability or check into CBSubs... there may be a way to configure this with that.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #98163 by djordan
I am running 1.2

Your version is: 1.2
Latest version : 1.2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn