Error

Please login first

Advanced Search - Search Results in New Window?

16 years 2 months ago #57133 by Camino
I asked on mikkosoft.fi how search results can appear in a new window. If interestet see thread here:
www.mikkosoft.fi/support/support/advanced-search-search-results-in-new-window/view.html

Answer from Mikko:

Not possible without a small customization of CB, or a larger one for advanced search.

My question to CB deveopment team:

What do I have to do to customize accordingly?

Also for future CB versions ist could be a nice option to choose from (either in front or in back end).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #57218 by mikko
You need to find the place where the opening FORM tag is created for the user list page, and then add TARGET attribute to this tag (see www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/_FORM_TARGET.html) . The file would be comprofielr.html.php

Mikko

16 years 2 months ago #57227 by Camino
Mikko... thanks... We could have discussed this on mikkosoft forum as well B)

16 years 2 months ago #57241 by Camino
Mikko, I am not advanced enough to find the specific lines and to make the correct changes.

I would appreciate if you could elaborate on the necessary changes. (This could also be a nice additional feature for your CB autohacks).

16 years 2 months ago #57245 by mikko
Well, most people are not comfortable hacking CB, so I prefer to first say that it need to be hacked, and then wait for the response before providing more instructions. Just saves some time.

If you post a follow up question on my site, I can provide you more detailed instructions a bit later.

Mikko

16 years 2 months ago #57246 by Camino
Thanks for your reply. I will catch up in your forum.

Argumentation for the option of search results in new window: For me it is easier to display the search results in a new window as my extrended search mask contains quite a lot of fields. Scrolling down is not quite usere friendly for everyone when having many fields. Maybe there could be an option in back end in order to make the decision individually.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn