15 years 9 months ago #67399 by skorz
avatar gallery columns was created by skorz
hi, i have problem with columns of the avatar gallery. can someone explain me how i can get 3 columns instead of 5? because with 5 it crashed my template look. i have smaller main area...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67620 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:avatar gallery columns
what's the "avatar gallery" ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67626 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:avatar gallery columns
It's my module...it's kind of a universal adapter for community builder that could be used to connect community builder to a whole variety of components out there. You could display recent Fireboard posts or recent blogs, for example, along with avatars and sample text.

However, it requires that the user write their own query that links up CB with information from the other component.

Since you write a query that selects users in the module backend, you can also select blonds in Montana, artists in Paris, or just about anything.

Right now it's the 9th highest-rated extension available for Joomla...its been in and out of the top 10 for months now.

Unfortunately, it's also a bit of an albatross, because it's complex, and I don't have time to develop it further.

I'm kind of looking for someone interested who make take over the project.

Roger

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2008/07/07 05:03

15 years 9 months ago #68214 by rholzler
Replied by rholzler on topic Re:avatar gallery columns
I would be interested in taking a look at your avatar gallery. I was thinking of developing one myself, so helping you improve or finish one would get it done faster for both of us.

helpdeskconcierge.com/actors2.html

This is an example of where I am going with this project. This is a temporary domain name, so if the link is broken, go to anythingarts.com.

The goals of my avatar gallery project are as follows:
  • Allow site admin's to create custom fields that will categorize users into groups.
  • Add a Link type to the Joomla menu manager
  • Use the category blog layout options to format avatar gallery pages
  • Have an avatar gallery automatically built with all users from a group specified in the menu options
  • Reformat the user pages to display as shown on the sample site above

I have already created the category blog layout files and added them to the sample site. At the moment I am using the Intro Text feature of the articles to display the avatars. I am waiting for CB 1.2 RC2 to be released before I install and configure it on this site.

Let me know if you think your extension would work for a project like this. If so, I would be happy to help in the development to get it done.

Robert Holzler
Developer
ZombieMenace.com

15 years 9 months ago #68280 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:avatar gallery columns
Yeah, I think the current version can do that.

You can't create custom fields, but you do write your own query to select users according to whatever criteria you desire. The fact that you write your own query makes user selection infinitely flexible.

The module actually does much more than what you want, at least from what I see on the page you sent. I think the formatting options in the RC 1 release, which I'm actively working on, are more flexible than the blog category options.

Roger

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn