Error

Please login first

Questions/Problems with Members List

15 years 10 months ago #67628 by marclallen
Questions/Problems with Members List was created by marclallen
Hey, there.

I recently installed 1.2 RC2, and noticed an odd problem in the Members List.

1) The Username field is blank. The image is correct, the "other" information is all correct. The link links to the correct profile, but the username is just blank.

2) Perhaps this is because I only have 5 users at present, but there are no search options.

3) Under "Members List", it says "my Description." I suppose I should be able to figure out where this is coming from, but no luck. How can I change that?

Thanks,

Marc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #67629 by Camee
Replied by Camee on topic Re:Questions/Problems with Members List
1. Please replace "formated or preformated name" in your userlist setting with "username"

2. Maybe you must mark these fields searchable in the fieldmanagement?

3. Listmanagement - your list - description: change here the text.

Post edited by: Camee, at: 2008/07/07 06:34

15 years 10 months ago #67630 by marclallen
Replied by marclallen on topic Re:Questions/Problems with Members List
Thanks.. stupid user error... I never even noticed the "List Management".

Marc

15 years 9 months ago #68940 by Arpocrate
Replied by Arpocrate on topic Re:Questions/Problems with Members List
Camee wrote:

(....OMISSIS...)

Hmm... it should be that way BUT "description" field does not work properly, at least for me.... :blink:

Whenever I try to edit field "description" in List Management - ANY LIST (my own list or test list with sample data embedded in CB -> i.e. "My Description") and SAVE the list, my modifications won't show up in List Manager and fields remain as before editing ("My description" for sample data member list OR empty fields for any other custom list. Anyway, lists work (they effectively show requested data in frontpage)... only DESCRIPTION seem to be uneditable.

Any ideas? My problem, my misconfiguration (some parameter I am not aware of :whistle: ) or bug? :S

Thanks

15 years 9 months ago #69006 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Questions/Problems with Members List
Arpocrate wrote:

Camee wrote:

(....OMISSIS...)

Hmm... it should be that way BUT "description" field does not work properly, at least for me.... :blink:

Whenever I try to edit field "description" in List Management - ANY LIST (my own list or test list with sample data embedded in CB -> i.e. "My Description") and SAVE the list, my modifications won't show up in List Manager and fields remain as before editing ("My description" for sample data member list OR empty fields for any other custom list. Anyway, lists work (they effectively show requested data in frontpage)... only DESCRIPTION seem to be uneditable.

Any ideas? My problem, my misconfiguration (some parameter I am not aware of :whistle: ) or bug? :S

Thanks

Are you running a third party cache or using the core caching feature? Maybe you forgot to flush the cache to see your changes...cause it works fine for me - after I flush the cache that is.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn