Input Box Length

15 years 9 months ago #67766 by Louse
Input Box Length was created by Louse
No matter what size I set input boxes to be in the Field Manager, they appear as only 2 wide like the screenshot attached. Would someone be able to tell me how I can remedy this please?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67993 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Input Box Length
template problem/bug

getfirebug.com

click inspect, then the field, will show you that your template defines a small width for all input fields without size

- fix template
- or define size for all those fields
- or upgrade to CB 1.2 RC 2 which has size always defined again.

Btw, your screendump is CB 1.2 RC 1 or 2, probably 1, which had size optional.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #68021 by Louse
Replied by Louse on topic Re:Input Box Length
Thanks Beat,

I did actually check all these things before posting the topic.

- fix template
- or define size for all those fields
- or upgrade to CB 1.2 RC 2 which has size always defined again.

I have checked template, changed template and reinstalled template. ITs not template.

I have defined every field, set to at least a size of 20, in fact I have changed every field several times but the field size input has no impact on the outcome.

I have upgraded to CB1.2RC2 that is a screenshot of it.

I think it must have something to do with the way field size is defined, maybe upgrading has missed a file where the field size is called so if you can tell me which files this may be I will re-upload them.

Or maybe I can switch off the field size definition so that it just uses a single size for all the fields.

Thx.

15 years 9 months ago #68029 by Louse
Investigated a little more and when I copy the page source from Firefox and look at it in a WYSIWYG like GoLive the field sizes are all perfect - could it be a Firefox CSS thing as I am using Firefox 2.0.0.15 on a Mac. Also the same in Safari2, so perhaps someone could look at it in Explorer/PC and tell me if it stays same?

zebrafinchsociety.co.uk/

Click on register.

I have noticed that templates do not change regardless of which one I select.

Thx.

15 years 9 months ago #68047 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Input Box Length
Louse wrote:

I have checked template, changed template and reinstalled template. ITs not template.

Does it display the same behavior with default Joomla template?

15 years 9 months ago #68051 by Louse
Nant,

Good thinking - it does NOT do this with the default template.

Can I presume that I have CSS style on the site template conflicting with the CB template?

I will do some investigative work and get back to you on this, but thanks for the constructive suggestion, we may be making headway.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.145 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn