Upgrade from old CB and old Joomla-what sequence?

15 years 9 months ago #68403 by louisefarragher
Upgrade from old CB and old Joomla-what sequence? was created by louisefarragher
Hi All,

Apologies if I'm missing the obvious. I have been reading through the forums, Readme.txt on CB1.2 RC2 and CB 1.2 RC2 Detailed Guide, but am still unsure how to proceed.

I am currently running Joomla! 1.0.13 and CB 1.0.2 (Yes, I know - this is very bad :evil: and CB is not working - it's a long, sad story :( )

I want to get CB up and running properly again.
I want to upgrade to Joomla! 1.5 stable and CB 1.2 RC2 but am unsure what sequence to follow. Do I:
a) Upgrade Joomla! first, then uninstall the old CB, and install CB 1.2 RC2 or
b) Uninstall the old CB, install CB 1.2 RC2 and then upgrade to Joomla! 1.5

(My instinct says upgrade Joomla first.) Can anyone offer some pointers or direct me to any relevant documentation?

I would appreciate any help. I’m relatively inexperienced, but did manage to install CB and run it successfully (until the Joomla! upgrade messed it all up). Can supply further info if necessary.

Many thanks
Louise (Learning by doing!) :cheer:

Post edited by: louisefarragher, at: 2008/07/15 14:45

Post edited by: louisefarragher, at: 2008/07/15 14:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68421 by Rapunzl
Your first insticts are correct. Make sure you back up any relevant files and databases prior to both upgrades; either just the ones you've changed or make a complete backup site.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn