Expired Cookies

15 years 8 months ago #71021 by yogiboy
Replied by yogiboy on topic Re:Expired Cookies
I have made this suggestion to many people, they clean their cookies, temp files, history, cache, and still have problems.

I am sure it is a problem on this end. I think many others are having the same problems but don't know about it.

Aaron Star
www.chelseayoga.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #71032 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Expired Cookies
Idra,

Thanks for PMing me access to your site.

I found that your site template + something else that I couldn't detect yet, are wrong.

Your template is sending the joomla headers twice.

If you look at your page source, you will see that you have 2 <body> sections and 2 <head> sections, and that all CSS and Javascript links repeat twice !

Looking at your template index.php, you will see that indeed, mosShowHead is called twice ! :

[code:1]<?php mosShowHead(); ?>
<?php echo "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"$GLOBALS[mosConfig_live_site]/templates/$GLOBALS[cur_template]/css/template_css.css\" type=\"text/css\"/>" ; ?><?php echo "<link rel=\"shortcut icon\" href=\"$GLOBALS[mosConfig_live_site]/images/favicon.ico\" />" ; ?>
<?php if ( $my->id ) { initEditor(); } ?>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;><?php echo _ISO; ?>" />
<?php mosShowHead(); ?>
<?php echo "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"$GLOBALS[mosConfig_live_site]/templates/$GLOBALS[cur_template]/css/template_css.css\" type=\"text/css\"/>" ; ?><?php echo "<link rel=\"shortcut icon\" href=\"$GLOBALS[mosConfig_live_site]/images/favicon.ico\" />" ; ?>
[/code:1]

That's one problem.

Another problem is that something else (not the template, probably a mambot or a module) on your site outputs this HTML code before the template outputs:

[code:1]<html>
<head>
<meta name="verify-v1" content="0KhTy32ZhzdzBCodPXIDtD5vnqJIbtj7HNCvXzbGmug=" />
<title> Your Site Title </title>
</head>
<body>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
[/code:1]

In those conditions, any normal browser is not able to receive any cookies, and thus you can't login using Joomla or CB, and also not register with CB.

You should contact your template provider regarding the problem above, and then also find what outputs the page header before the template does...

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/08/11 23:00

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #71070 by idra
Replied by idra on topic Re:Expired Cookies
I thank you, the problem was right in the head and body double, I had created for the google meta tag. I removed and now everything works.

Thank you

15 years 8 months ago #71084 by yogiboy
Replied by yogiboy on topic Re:Expired Cookies
Hi Idra

Can you please tell me where exactly you found it so I may look into my pages?

Thanks
Aaron

Post edited by: yogiboy, at: 2008/08/12 17:00

Aaron Star
www.chelseayoga.net

15 years 8 months ago #71966 by amar_strange
Replied by amar_strange on topic Re:Expired Cookies
i have been facing this problem since i enabled ajax username checker....now i have turned it of...may be this can solve.... i am using joomla 1.15 and CB1.1....

15 years 8 months ago #72442 by yogiboy
Replied by yogiboy on topic Re:Expired Cookies - Problem Solved I think
Hey Guys

I think I found the source of the problem. I think some of the programmers will roll their eyes, but...

With the upgrades to Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2 RC, our PHP was configured / defaulted to http://hot... instead of www.hot...

Our old website was configured to www.

Since we fixed this problem, we have had no more registration complaints and people who could not register before can now register.

Thanks to anyone who looked into this for me and everyone else.

Aaron

Aaron Star
www.chelseayoga.net

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds