"Make a Ning" of CB, Joomla and forum..?

14 years 5 months ago #117036 by darb
Hi all,

I have been following CB and Joomla for a while and I have always supported and love CB.

But what I have noticed now is how very much of the usage and discussion that fit and was popular with Joomla, CB and forums before now shifted to other formats like Facebook, Twitter, Google and other social media and apps. Example for forums now losing users and value for site owners.

I like the way Joomla CMS and phpBB forum is well integrated with integrationsscript like Jfusion, phpBB bridges but what I have seen is for example in the Joomla community that people tend to disappear from the before lively phpBB forum discussion that is the large phpBB board there.

Now Joomla people shifting to use Ning social networks app for general discussions, Google for dev groups and Twitter interaction mostly instead of the forum boards.

The problem I believe is not significant for just Joomla community - I have a feeling that the way for example forums is structured and design is not up to date with today's end users preference of communicating.

What you think?

Should it be possible to easy implement and complement CB and a forum structure with these kind of structural and design changes (good word for Obama) so that a CB and forum integration software would be the best core engine for social networking?

Have anyone from core dev teams looking into this and analyse what's really important from the user and site owner perspective regarding this new social network environments that is demanded?

Good example Ning about.ning.com/jobs.php that hosted for Joomla discussions now

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn