CB 1.1 Released!

16 years 9 months ago #42812 by manav
Replied by manav on topic Re:CB 1.1 Released!
well, I got the solution :)
Here is it for anyone who faces the same situation:
If you have a Joomla 1.0.12 with CB 1.0.2 installed and if you are using mod_cblogin instead of mod_login, then you may face some login issues after upgrading to CB 1.1 through EXPERT SETUP. So the solution for that is to upgrade your Joomla installation from 1.0.12 to 1.0.13 stable.
This has resolved my issues, hope this may work for you too :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #43025 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:CB 1.1 Released!
nzimas wrote:

ACL for tabs (applies for front end viewing and editing)

True. But in my opinion the main isues have not been addressed.
I can define what user group access a given tab, but not the way Mikko's APC does it.
I still need his component to set more complex policies. For instances, i might want a tab to be loaded when a user belonging to a specific group logs in and, at the same time, make it viewable by everyone.
In any case, to change the ACL on tabs from access levels to user groups is an interesting step forwards.

Nuno.

Yeah, I agree. While I am glad for the update, I am a little disappointed that, given the time elapsed, they didn't do it that way since I will never use anything that requires the IonCube loader to work. To many problems, too little support amongst the major hosts.

16 years 9 months ago #43103 by jjshabadoo
Replied by jjshabadoo on topic Re:CB 1.1 Released!
I'm using CB 1.0.2 and have already upgraded Joomla to 1.0.13.

The site is is a design phase and I only have a small number of users.

Rather than go through the upgrade process, would uninstalling CB 1.0.2 and then installing 1.1 be a bad thing to do?

16 years 9 months ago #43123 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:CB 1.1 Released!
manav wrote:

well, I got the solution :)
Here is it for anyone who faces the same situation:
If you have a Joomla 1.0.12 with CB 1.0.2 installed and if you are using mod_cblogin instead of mod_login, then you may face some login issues after upgrading to CB 1.1 through EXPERT SETUP. So the solution for that is to upgrade your Joomla installation from 1.0.12 to 1.0.13 stable.
This has resolved my issues, hope this may work for you too :)

manav -

Thanks for the advice!

I haven't done any of these upgrades yet, (I've been testing j1.5 and X.13 one new installs) can you answer one question for me?

When you upgrade from .12 to .13 I know the pw stores are changed. How does this show up to the end users? Are they prompted to change their pw's or are their pw's changed already and you have to assign new ones to them and then tell them?

16 years 9 months ago #43128 by Dionysus
Replied by Dionysus on topic Re:CB 1.1 Released!
I seem to get this session expired and/or cookies

when trying to access my members list.

Once I click on the pagination, i get this error.

Joomla 1.0.12
cb 1.1

16 years 9 months ago #43149 by manav
Replied by manav on topic Re:CB 1.1 Released!

When you upgrade from .12 to .13 I know the pw stores are changed. How does this show up to the end users? Are they prompted to change their pw's or are their pw's changed already and you have to assign new ones to them and then tell them?

Well, I had not faced any such issue with the passwords of my users. They all are working fine! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds