The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post

15 years 11 months ago #62886 by giantific
The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post was created by giantific
Having lurked on the CB 1.2 forums for a few months, it's been fun to see the whole spectrum of human drama unfold as thousands wait for perhaps the most crucial update in Joomla 1.5 history. Through petulant impatience or hopeful queries-disguised-in-criticism or joyful praise, the CB community has expressed their eagerness for the 1.2 RC.

The best way to show support for CB is, of course, to subscribe to the documentation. Here is another opportunity: reply to this post with the number of days you have postponed your development projects in anticipation of the CB RC 1.2

This isn't a venue for complaint, but rather a show of solidarity for what we as developers will put off for a solid OS product we believe in.

Here's mine-

obrobot.net : 110 days
hackafore.com : 53 days
volunteerportal : 49 days

That's 212 days of CB <3
;) What you got?

Post edited by: giantific, at: 2008/05/14 08:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #62949 by Dukessa
Replied by Dukessa on topic Re:The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post
Im not sure I got the question...but Ive been waiting for the new CB since March!!:unsure:
And my whole personal project is stuck cose Im not gonna touch it, until i get 1.2 :pinch:

75 days ? :ohmy:

***Dukessa***
[J 1.5.3+CB 1.1]

15 years 11 months ago #62968 by synapze
Replied by synapze on topic Re:The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post
thinked.net - At least 3 months! :laugh:

15 years 11 months ago #62991 by snoeby
Replied by snoeby on topic Re:The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post
hm, i'd say about 3 months (wanted to go live with the new website as of january) - but hey, waiting for cb1.2 wasn't the only problem! :-)

15 years 11 months ago #63019 by Terp
Replied by Terp on topic Re:The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post
I suspect we'll have to wait longer, too, for extensions to be converted over to run native J1.5 w/ CB 1.2, but just getting the framework in place will be godsend. ;)

15 years 11 months ago #63122 by giantific
Replied by giantific on topic Re:The CB 1.2 RC Solidarity Post
Hmmm. I thought maybe this could lead to a statistic CB could use. Something like "# of days the community held off projects in solidarity for the CB cause," but I guess the connotations are too negative. Like my karma. ;) Never mind, y'all.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds