Very Excited - Short Note About Communication

15 years 11 months ago #63251 by djsdjs
I am very excited for the new release. I have had a CB based site for over two years now.

I think the team does a fantastic job for free, open source software - and I've been through many good and not so good projects.

I did just want to make an observation about release dates and communication. I think that much of the grief expressed in these posts is due to missed expectations. And I think it's not possible to meet many release date expectations when the CB team has put quality above all other measures of success - which is how it should be.

However, to the CB Team - when expectations are missed, people are hungry for communication. And as much of a distraction as it seems to be from developing/fixing the product, I think it would go a long way toward the good will of the community to increase communication when dates are missed - I think the recent status update does a lot to alleviate the tension - but it would be better if this trickled out as one-liner posts - two to four per missed day rather than nothing for a long time after a missed date.

I am not hanging on for this specific release, so I make this observation as a dispassionate observer who can wait for whatever the release date ends up being (or until I can make the time to upgrade).

Thanks for a great job CB team!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63252 by beat
Yes, good points, you are right. :)

We will try to do better until release and after. :whistle:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn