Joomla Updates-Do they apply to CB?

15 years 7 months ago #75117 by jfolta
Joomla Updates-Do they apply to CB? was created by jfolta
I am so new at this Joomla journey. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

When Joomla comes out with an update, should it be applied with a CB module? For example, there is an update on this page www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5212-joomla-157-security-release-now-available.html and I have CB. Should I install this or any other update? I hope this makes sense.

Thank you very much!
~J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75670 by Roon
Replied by Roon on topic Re:Joomla Updates-Do they apply to CB?
I do not speak as a Joomla guru only a learner, but it seems that the nature of Joomla makes us all learners because it is in a constant state of flux. My opinion about your question is that if you have a joomla site up and running to your satisfaction you should be most concerned about security releases, because php sites are notoriously easy to hack. This problem is ameliorated by installing good backup systems.It is good to keep up to date on the forums of your most important extensions such as CB VM and other big extensions as they can have their own holes.

Personally I am very leery about updating or adding anything to a site that is working properly. Joomla is fascinating. I feel like a caveman trying to build a watch.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn