Error

Please login first

Where's The Release?

15 years 6 months ago #78157 by stvproductions
Where's The Release? was created by stvproductions
If RC3 is so great, where's the stable release of 1.2? We are waiting for it. To say it like this: I already needed it yesterday! I hope it comes soon, and that the crew steps on the gas to get it done,

Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #79647 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Where's The Release?
I have been waiting for over five months for CB 1.2 stable release. I came here with the understanding that it was available. I would like to see the final release of CB 1.2 stable. Many other pieces of software are depending on it and the CB team knows this as well. Instead of attending conferences, I think we need to see CB 1.2 stable finished. No one is excited about the Joomla day in Switzerland, when we've been waiting for many-many months after having purchased membership on this site.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 6 months ago #79650 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Where's The Release?
Didn't think I would have to spend productive time to justify this... But here you go:

Nov 15th is a Saturday, is a 1 day trip...and I'm paying for my train ticket privately during my week-end/family time. :angry:

It's my first travelling CB-related since I started working on CB 4 years ago...

Yes, it's frustrating to not be developing full-time that week-end day, but not as much as replying to forum posts today. :angry:

CB 1.2 RC 3 is imho stable enough for live sites, and has a well-known list of identified issues, all main ones listed in the corresponding sub-forum. There are some API bugs and improvements that we need to fix before releasing it stable. ;)

The Joomla Day will allow us to meet in person with some of Joomla team, as well as with the Virtuemart team-leader, Soeren, first time ! and also get some face-to-face ideas and exchanges with users, first time too ! :) so I'm really excited about that day. :woohoo:

We believe that this will be a well-spent day for this community...and, btw, we travel way less for CB than most of other open-source projects that I know of travels and exhibits... :silly:

Anyway, back to work... Once you see what we are working on now, your frustration will go away, guarranteed, but i'm not announcing before it's working...hope that I can demo it on Saturday, and announce here on Sunday. :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #79651 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Where's The Release?
Beat, thank you for your reply.

I don't question the usability of CB 1.2 RC 3. I don't think any of us do. The PROBLEM is that other extensions are depending on the release of the stable version before they come out with their fixes and enhancements. So, THIS is why many of us are aggravated.

I LOVE CB 1.2 RC3. So, don't be insulted. Again, it's the RELEASE of the STABLE 1.2 version that is NEEDED for us to progress with other extensions!

So, please understand and this is why I personally am aggravated to hear about conferences when the stable version still hasn't come out! And I think you know that this is the issue, so please own up to it.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 6 months ago #79654 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Where's The Release?
Beat,

You and the CB team are greatly appreciated. Do what you need to do. Go where you need to go. Do what you feel is right. Take all the time you need. Release your products when you know it is the right time.

I'll gladly wait however long I have to because I know the high quality level of the products you produce.

You have my appreciation and gratitude.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

15 years 6 months ago #79658 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Where's The Release?
rofar,

You in fact exactly understood why we have not yet released stable. I'm glad. B)

CB is a framework with an extremely stable API, on which over 100 plugins build.

CB 1.2 introduces a whole new set of API, objects, and possibilities.

We need to finish testing and fixing API design so that it can stay as in CB 1.2 for a long time, through CB 1.x series and CB 2.x series...

We are not that far from that goal, but not completely there yet, as there is only one way to check it: build reference plugins which use the API and show us errors and bugs that we can easily fix *now*, but not anymore without compatibility disruptions after CB 1.2 Stable is released. ;)

We full understand that it's important the CB 1.2 Stable gets out asap, and we really working hard on that priority goal, 6-7 days a week, 12+ hours a day.

mediaguru,
Thanks for the encouragements. :)

both,
thanks for your appreciation :)

Back to CB :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds