Emails not sent on registration

15 years 4 months ago #84437 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Well I HATE being a nag but is there going to be a fix? I can still send email from any program other than CB_login .. it will still not send the email confirmation..

Trust me on this one I have researched..changed settings but at this point if everything else is sending email except cb_login then something is not working correctly with this module.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #84715 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
cowboysdude wrote:

Well I HATE being a nag but is there going to be a fix? I can still send email from any program other than CB_login .. it will still not send the email confirmation..

Trust me on this one I have researched..changed settings but at this point if everything else is sending email except cb_login then something is not working correctly with this module.

OK soooooooo if you uncheck the Auth SMTP it DOES work!!! YOU guys know how happy that makes me!!! FINALLY... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 years 4 months ago #84736 by will_roche
Replied by will_roche on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Hi futuresounds,

I had this problem too and pulled my hair out for a long time trying to figure it out.
Main things to check is that, in the admin section, under components and the CB component - Configuration. Check the Registration tab and make sure all the details here are right.
Then wherever your joomla root folder is, check the configuration.php file, make sure the info here matches the info in Global Configuration (located under the site menu in the admin area).
All this being said, it wasn't until I uploaded my site to my webserver that the email registration started working. IT simply would not work when developing on a local environment.

Don't know if this is any help to ya but I hope so.
Best of luck with it. :)

15 years 4 months ago #85370 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Emails not sent on registration
Yes, some webhosts restrict use of their mailservers to own server and e.g. mail programs that do a check mail before doing SMTP.

That said, I spent 3 hours reviewing all the SMTP library sources, comparing with the one Joomla 1.5 uses, which is older than CB's btw.

I also re-checked using SMTP with authentication in CB 1.0 and in CB 1.5, and both work perfectly.

So it really seems very most likely due to mail-servers/settings misconconfiguration/permissions issues.

Closing this as not a bug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #85411 by rania
Replied by rania on topic I got the Registeration Email working
Here is my configuration

The idea to allow only registration for CB and don't allow it in joomla configuration

1- Joomla Global Configuration -> Server Setting
Mail Setting
Mailer SMTP Server
Mail from raniafekry@gmail.com
From Name Community
Sendmail Path ''
SMTP Authentication NO
SMTP Username raniafekry@gmail.com
SMTP Password gmail password
SMTP Host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com

2-Joomla Global Configuration -> system Setting
User Settings
Allow User Registration : NO
New User Registration Type: Registered
New User Account Activation: NO

3-Then go to Components->Community Builder -> configuration Manager -> Registration tab
Allow User Registration : Yes Independent of global site settings
Require Admin Approval : NO
Require Email Confirmation : Yes
Registration Email Name : Registeration
Registraton Email Address : raniafekry@gmail.com
Registration Reply To Email Address: raniafekry@gmail.com

this work with Gmail I haven't try with any other mail service

Rania

15 years 3 months ago #86633 by jerryleelewis
Replied by jerryleelewis on topic Re:I got the Registeration Email working
Hmm starnge here

In my Case e-Mail for registration to user will send correct

But not to me as Admin that a new user is on my Page

???

problem solved i make a fresh install !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by: jerryleelewis, at: 2009/01/26 16:44

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn