CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods

12 years 5 months ago #180125 by media21
Replied by media21 on topic Re: CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods
HI ,

Sorry for the question, but CBsub is CB+sub or a complement for CB ???

thank you in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #180132 by nant

media21 wrote: HI ,

Sorry for the question, but CBsub is CB+sub or a complement for CB ???

thank you in advance

CBSubs is a set of CB plugins that need CB installed.

12 years 4 months ago #181886 by acecabo
Replied by acecabo on topic Re: CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods
Questions:
If I buy the starter subscription to CBSubs and get the unlimited maintenance plan, my price doubles. In the future, if my site grows, I upgrade to beginner. Does my maintenance plan transfer over? Do I have to pay more to bring it along? Why is the maintenance plan cost dependent on the level of subscription/number of users? It's not like you are hosting the users...Is there really that much extra work?

If I buy the Advanced Membership, can I upgrade to professional later at a discount?

Is there a way to get CB Conditional a la carte like you can with CB ProfileBook?

As of right now, I only see a need for those 2 modules...

12 years 4 months ago #181896 by nant

acecabo wrote: Questions:
If I buy the starter subscription to CBSubs and get the unlimited maintenance plan, my price doubles.

That's correct.

In the future, if my site grows, I upgrade to beginner. Does my maintenance plan transfer over? Do I have to pay more to bring it along? Why is the maintenance plan cost dependent on the level of subscription/number of users? It's not like you are hosting the users...Is there really that much extra work?

Your unlimited maintenance plan is for your 500 user level license.

To upgrade you just pay the difference.

So if you have unlimited maintenance 500 user license (which costs X) and you want to upgrade to unlimited maintenance 500 user license (which costs Y) you would have to pay the difference.

If I buy the Advanced Membership, can I upgrade to professional later at a discount?

When you upgrade from Advanced to Professional, CBSubs (which is supporting the process) will calculate the residual left over value (depending on subscription date and duration left) and will subtract this amount from upgrade cost.

Is there a way to get CB Conditional a la carte like you can with CB ProfileBook?

As of right now, I only see a need for those 2 modules...

Nope - all Incubator add-ons are strictly for Professional members as they are updated very often (would not be fair to ala carte purchasers).
The following user(s) said Thank You: acecabo

11 years 11 months ago #198308 by gordonsteel
Replied by gordonsteel on topic Re: CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods
Hi before I decide on which licence I need can you clarify if the 500 users means 500 paid subscribers or 500 registered users. For example my site has 5000 registered CB users but only 50 have paid for a subscription.

11 years 11 months ago #198309 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re: CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods
Hi there,

Registered site users count as users for the license. I have a client who has 10,000 registered users but only 5,000 have subscription plans, still needed a license to cover the 10,000 users.

Makes you weed out time wasters pretty quick. We have a free plan set to one year then they renew or get kicked to public status. Currently considering making the free plan as a quarterly or monthly duration to weed them out quicker.

Hope this helps.

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn