AntiSpam vs Captcha

9 years 6 months ago #251382 by crowder.dr
AntiSpam vs Captcha was created by crowder.dr
So I previously had a paid membership and have been using CB for years and purchased the Cool template. I have now upgraded to 2.0. As the Captcha is no supported and leaves my site vulnerable how do I get the Antispam plugin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #251401 by nant
Replied by nant on topic AntiSpam vs Captcha

crowder.dr wrote: So I previously had a paid membership and have been using CB for years and purchased the Cool template. I have now upgraded to 2.0. As the Captcha is no supported and leaves my site vulnerable how do I get the Antispam plugin.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

The CB Antispam plugin is a replacement.

9 years 6 months ago #251476 by crowder.dr
Replied by crowder.dr on topic AntiSpam vs Captcha
Thanks for the link but I would have to again pay for a membership to get a capability that I already had ?

9 years 6 months ago #251483 by nant

crowder.dr wrote: Thanks for the link but I would have to again pay for a membership to get a capability that I already had ?

First of all thank you for your past financial support as an Advanced member 2 years ago (2012). During your one year membership you had access to all Advanced download areas and thus also to the CB Captcha add-on. Please note that you can still use what you downloaded then on your existing websites or even install what you had already downloaded on your new websites.

Yes to get new add-ons or updates you need a new subscription.

Your existing CB Captcha add-on should continue to work on your CB 1.9.1 environment - it might have issues (or it might work) on CB 2.0 environment.

I hope I understood your question correctly - if not let me know and I will try and focus my reply better.

9 years 5 months ago #251660 by crowder.dr
Replied by crowder.dr on topic AntiSpam vs Captcha
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping the answer would be either that there was going to be backward compatibility that would work or the new component would be provided to those who purchased the old component.

9 years 5 months ago #251754 by nant

crowder.dr wrote: Thanks for your reply. I was hoping the answer would be either that there was going to be backward compatibility that would work or the new component would be provided to those who purchased the old component.

We have been trying to keep backward compatibility as much as possible, but in some cases new releases are needed.

What you are suggesting would imply a lifetime deal - we have no such membership in place and we could not financially sustain such a deal.

I have sent you a private message.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn