CBSubs: Later donations cumulatively and temporarily upgrade membership level?

9 years 2 months ago #259546 by AquaeAtrae
"The power of CBSubs allows you to support almost any imaginable subscription scenario, simple or complex."

The above statement is encouraging. I'm looking for a solution for a more complex membership system. I'd like to understand how CBSubs might handle this scenario.

The organization manages access to an environmentally sensitive natural space. Demand always exceeds the limited accommodations which can be reserved in advance. As an effective and ongoing incentive, higher membership levels offer the benefit of earlier advance reservations (1 month out, 2 months, etc).

The challenge: Each household's membership level is determined by cumulative donations, the benefit of each lasting 12 months. Additional donations are accepted any time of year, immediately increasing member benefits. The cumulative benefits of these overlapping donations last only until the earlier donation expires. The attached illustrates this overlapping for just 9 months.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259573 by nant

AquaeAtrae wrote: "The power of CBSubs allows you to support almost any imaginable subscription scenario, simple or complex."

The above statement is encouraging. I'm looking for a solution for a more complex membership system. I'd like to understand how CBSubs might handle this scenario.

The organization manages access to an environmentally sensitive natural space. Demand always exceeds the limited accommodations which can be reserved in advance. As an effective and ongoing incentive, higher membership levels offer the benefit of earlier advance reservations (1 month out, 2 months, etc).

The challenge: Each household's membership level is determined by cumulative donations, the benefit of each lasting 12 months. Additional donations are accepted any time of year, immediately increasing member benefits. The cumulative benefits of these overlapping donations last only until the earlier donation expires. The attached illustrates this overlapping for just 9 months.

Hi and thanks for posting this interesting use case.

You should be able to implement this using CBSubs 4.0 and some Professional add-ons (CB Query and CB Auto Actions).

You would need to implement a query that determines your "donations" criteria (assuming of course that all donations are made using CBSubs) and use a CB Auto Action to automatically increase membership level / privileges.

The tools are their - someone would need to come-up with the right combinations.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn