Considering CB for our site, but...

9 years 1 day ago #263084 by sastific
Considering CB for our site, but... was created by sastific
Hi.
During our initial installation of CB in our Joomla 3.4.1 site (fresh install), we ran into some problem that excludes the use of CB if it can't be solved.

I'll try to explain what we are trying to do. Main goal is to have 5 groups of members which each have their admin (5 admins) to maintain user details (add, remove and update). When an admin logs into the backend, he should only see the CB menu and only see the users in the group this admin belongs to.

It looks like we managed to do this, but let's say adding a new user we can not see the line with buttons for saving, save and close cancel etc. I have added a screenshot to illustrate.

Any idea on whats going on?

You can see the top of the Joomla logo to the right under the name of the site and log out "wheel"

The admin's has same right's as default Joomla admin, but belonging to a specific user group.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 23 hours ago - 9 years 22 hours ago #263086 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Considering CB for our site, but...

sastific wrote: Hi.
During our initial installation of CB in our Joomla 3.4.1 site (fresh install), we ran into some problem that excludes the use of CB if it can't be solved.

I'll try to explain what we are trying to do. Main goal is to have 5 groups of members which each have their admin (5 admins) to maintain user details (add, remove and update). When an admin logs into the backend, he should only see the CB menu and only see the users in the group this admin belongs to.

It looks like we managed to do this, but let's say adding a new user we can not see the line with buttons for saving, save and close cancel etc. I have added a screenshot to illustrate.

Any idea on whats going on?

You can see the top of the Joomla logo to the right under the name of the site and log out "wheel"

The admin's has same right's as default Joomla admin, but belonging to a specific user group.

Hi and welcome to our forums!

Honestly, I have no idea if this is doable or not.

As a first bit of feedback I would say to first try and configure the Joomla user manager for such permissions and see if your configuration works.

If it does then I would think that the configuration can be transfered to the CB User Management also.

9 years 22 hours ago #263087 by sastific
Replied by sastific on topic Considering CB for our site, but...
Thank you for your respons.

If you look at the attached screenshot, that is really our problem. It seems like permissions settings are working as expected, but buttons for saving, new, cancel etc is missing. CB menu is working and admin can only edit/view users in same usergroup as himself.

9 years 22 hours ago #263090 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Considering CB for our site, but...

sastific wrote: Thank you for your respons.

If you look at the attached screenshot, that is really our problem. It seems like permissions settings are working as expected, but buttons for saving, new, cancel etc is missing. CB menu is working and admin can only edit/view users in same usergroup as himself.

Yes I looked at your screenshot.

I would love to see a similar screenshot of the Joomla User Manager configured with similar access permissions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn